Chapter 13-4 more days

When i wake, it's extremaly cold and i feel alone. I try to cower back into the sheets but nothing gives me warmth. There's a knock at the door, and i feel scared, not knowing who it is. HaYdens smiling face pops around the door, but it disappears when he sees me scared. A look passes through his eyes and he walk over and kneels by the bed.

"What's wrong?" he asks worried.

"I feel cold, and all alone." i whisper, shivering a bit. Something changes in his eyes and without notice, he picks me up and carries me down the stairs. He walks me out to the shed and puts me in the middle of the pentagram. I feel a flush of warmth flood me and i instantly feel better.

"What was that?" i say, not feeling quite so depressed now.

"Your birthday is getting closer. 4 more days. Every day it gets closer, so does he." Hayden says, his eye twitching a little. i look down at my hands.

"What is he like?" i whisper feeling his gaze on me.

'He is cruel beyond belief. He doesn't give a crap about anyone. He has no soul...he never has." he whispers the last part. I frown.

"How do you know him?" I say quietly. He goes rigid.

"It doesn't matter. i have slowed time down a little, so we have to practise. You have four days left." he stands and waits for me. i feel a little...rejected as i stand. We say nothing as i practise, and i learn some more spell that help me control certain parts of the earth.

That night we sat silent, watching the x-factor. i feel as if Hayden is having a war with himself. I frown to myself and my mind wonders to Hardens eyes. How blue they are, and how they stare into my soul. How they make me feel like i am his.

What?! Im not his! shut up Shade! i mentally kick myself and frown at the floor.

"What are you frowning for?" Hayden says gently.i look up slowly and shake my head. He raises an eyebrow. I sigh.

"Honestly, nothing." He smiles and turns so he is facing me fully.

"Well it must be interesting if you wont tell me. Is it about me?" he says with a raised eyebrow.

'Playing 20 questions are we now?" he chuckles.

'We might be." a light smile forms on my lips.

"Ok, but....you have to drop what i was thinking about ok?" he sighs loudly.

"fine." he says, and I'm pretty sure i hear 'for now.' i think.

"Ok, I'm thinking of something square."

And so we went on, and he could not get any of mine. we played a total round of 10 and he gave up on most of them.

"Ok, unfair, i think i lost so much that i should get a turn." he says. i laugh.

"Fine, ok, what are you thinking of?" he gets this look in his eyes that makes me cautious of what he is thinking.

"Im thinking of something beautiful." i feel my insides flutter. No, it's not me.

"Um....Flowers?" he shakes his head smiling.

"Let me give you another clue...this something is precious and has so much light." Now my skin is crawling with excitement.

"They sun?" i say, my voice shaky.

"Nope. This something....has more light than the sun." my heart beat gets faster.

"is this thing alive?" i feel his eyes on me.

"Very much so." i feel the couch dip as he get closer.

"This thing can be compared to nothing, and is one of a kind." i feel his finger under my chin lifting my head reluctantly. i look into his eyes and see his soul.....and it is beautiful.

"This thing.....is beauty itself." i feel his breath blow onto my face, and his scent fills my nose. He smells of the sea, and freshly cut grass. he leans in closely and i feel nervous, but he does nothing other than putting his warm forehead on mine, and i feel a bit disappointed he didn't kiss me, but just his touch makes me excited. i close my eyes and just enjoy feeling the line of fire that is burning my skin from his touch.

"Hayden.."

"Shh." he says.

"I know that when you wake up in the morning you will feel awkward and you wont want to talk to me, so i just want to enjoy the moment." i open my eyes and see his eyes are closed as well.

"Hayden" i whisper. He opens his eyes and pulls away a little bit. I slowly lean forward and just before our lips touch, there's a crash outside. We quickly pull apart and Hayden gets up.

"Stay here." He says not looking at me. He walks out of the lounge and i hear a few yells and i hear crashing. I get up and peer around the kitchen corner and see Hayden and this....thing fighting outside. My heart beats, and the only thing that runs through my head is Not Hayden.

I rush outside and focus on the thing. i feel the light of the moon envelop me and i watch as time slows down. i run forward and rip the thing off of Hayden and see that it is.....i have no idea what it is but it is ugly as hell. Times seems to speed up as i lose concentration of what i am doing and with all my might, i throw the thing. yes i throw it. Time speeds up and the thing looks around confused as to what has happened, and then it spins towards us and a glint shines in its eyes. Hayden pushes me behind him and the thing attacks again. i focus on the thing and i feel....that its dead. i pull its spirit and it gives a little hiss before crumbling to the ground. the spirit fights the restraints i have put in it and i feel as if it is going to kill my brain. i let out a scream and feel the spirit slip from its cage. I hear Hayden shout my name, but my brain does not want to hear him. i see the thing get off of the ground, and it leaps at Hayden.