Chapter 1

I shiver, but not from the cold seeping through the bottom of the door. Ever since i had been living with my aunt, i had had the same dream over and over again, waking up sweaty and tangled in the sheets. I expected it every night, but it was still a shock when the dream hit me. It was my mother and fathers faces, staring at me with a blank expression, their pale faces blue and see through. They say nothing, but their eyes tell me of the betrayal they feel.

I blow hot air into my gloved hands, trying to warm my numb fingers. My nose is red and raw, my eyes watering from the air that blows sharply into my eyes. I walk through the hall, catching stares from everyone around me. It was nothing new to me. I had been stared at ever since i had started school. Kids would whisper about me. They would say things they heard from their parents, not understanding a single word of it. My aunt had been dibbed the whack job of the town and that unfortunately had rubbed off on me. They made songs about me once.

Shade Shade, poor old Shade, doesn't understand a word they say, trying to escape the day, wack aunt Patty, passes away.

It didn't make sense when i was little, but it did now. They too, blame the death of the ones i love on me and i agree with them.

As the halls clear, i notice one boy at the end of the hall scuffing the floor with the toe of his boot, his clothing weird compared to the rest of us. I look around and walk over to him. He looks up startled and looks around.

"Hello" I say, and smile. His eyes widen, but his says nothing. I frown.

"Are you OK?" I ask. He nods. I study him. He has brown dirt coloured hair with bright blue eyes that are like a river. He has scar on his right eyebrow and a little dimple.

"You can see me?" He whispers. I raise an eyebrow a bit worried.

"Um..yeah, i can see you." I say before I hear a booming voice sound behind me.

"Miss Lestor! might i ask you why you are not in class?" I jump so high i swear i hit the roof. I turn around and blush.

"Mr. Trayton! i-i uhh, i was..uh.." His face is red with rage.

"No more blubbering excuses! class, now!!!" I nod and stutter, waiting for him to leave before i let out the breath i had been holding in. I turn around to ask the boy his name...but he's not there.

i hope you liked it, comment, vote.. :)