Chapter 32- Lycan the mate thing

Kaelibs p.o.v

"Guys....what's a mate?" She says. I stiffen, knowing that I will have to explain it to her. She feels me go stiff and looks at me worried.

"Are you ok?" she looks so cute when she's worried. I force a smile then nod, slowly taking my hand out of hers, instantly regretting it. The rightness of her touch is gone, and the look of rejection on my mates face shatters my Heart. I look over and see Carlisle looking at me with a hateful stare. I narrow my eyes at him.

"I'm going for a walk" I say to no one in particular, and leave.

Shadows p.o.v

As he walks out, I feel empty inside. A feeling of nothingness. When he took his hand out of mine, I felt as if he didn't want me there....as if he didn't want me. But then again, why would he want me? I am nothing to him. I sigh outloud, and feel Carlisle hug me.

"What's wrong with me Carlisle?" I mumble into his chest. He rests his chin on the top of my head.

"Nothing is wrong with you sweety, its your mate who should be explaining things to you, but I guess he's just scared." I frown.

"Scared of what?" He pulls away from the hug softly kissing me on the forhead

"Losing you" he says quietly. I frown at him.

"losing me? he doesn't have me. What is there to lose?" I say quietly. I see a look of pain cross through Carlisles eyes as he pulls me down on to the bed.

"I guess its time you knew what a mate is."

Kaelibs p.o.v

I walk into the underworld, and sit under a Lotus tree. I look over the Elsyn feilds, watching souls wander about, happy as can be. Then what I see makes me curious. A teenage ghost, sitting alone doing nothing. I walk over to him and he looks up as I approach, his gaze hardining.

"Who are you?" He says gruffly. I sit next to him shrugging.

"I'm Kaelib. Who are you?" He stares at me for a second before answering.

"I'm Leo." I nod, my way of saying hello. I look over the feilds and see the ground tremble and shake.

"What's going on in the underworld Leo?" I say curious. I knew something was wrong for a while, but I wasn't quite sure what it was. I hear him sigh.

"Hades is being impatient and cannot wait to get what he wants." I frown slightly. Hades had everything he could ever want.

"What is he trying to get?" Leo looks far away in the distance and sighs.

"A girl. It is her birthday in a few days, and Hades had made a deal with her parents. He wasn't allowed to touch her until she was 16, so her almost being that age, he is getting impatient." My frown deepens.

"What's so special about this girl? Hades wouldn't just want any old mortal" I see a feint smile on Leos lips.

"She's not mortal. She is a light maiden some would call her. Her mother, and her grandmother, all of the women in her generation, all were made of light, they were light spirits. The first light spirit, was actually a human woman, who bedded with a Shadow man." Me head snaps towards his face.

"A Shadow man? you mean the men that control the shadows?" He nods frowning at my interest.

"Yes. No one is sure of her father though" I nod deep in thought, I slowly stand, opening a shadow portal.

"Thank you Leo, for all you help" He stares wide eyed as he watches me go. I had to find this girl. I had to see if she was one of us.

Shadows p.o.v

"Oooh, so that's what a mate is?" I say finally getting it. Carlisle nods.

"Yes, when one person meets their other half, their soulmate, they will stay together forever, and love eachother no matter what." I frown slightly confused.

"Me and Kaelib are nothing like that." Carlisle shakes his head saddly.

"I know sweetie, and it pains me to see you two like this. Mates should be accepting, loving, not rejective, or angry" I sigh. Carlisle had explained to me that Kaelib and I were "mates" as it was called. I didn't feel like he was my mate, I felt as if he was the boy I would get my Heart broken by.

Hades p.o.v

I growl as I pace back and forth across the black and white checkerd floor, my rage filling my mind.

"I send one dæmon, one to kill her, and she kills it?!" I bellow, making the walls shake.

"How dare she! She will be mine, my Queen!" I snap my fingers and wait impatiently for the beast I had just conjured.

"Yes Hades?" it says quietly. I growl at it, making it whimper.

"I want you to find the light maiden girl, and I want you to kill her" The beast bows low, before shuffling off. The sound of flesh tearing brings a small evil smile to my old pale face. Not long until she was mine.

A/N

sorry its a short chapter!!! but you'll soon find out what's goin on ;)