Chapter 3

As the day went by, my mind was glued to the fact that Leo wasn't completely normal. I mean, yea he looked human, but how he got around was weird.

As last period finishes, i head straight for the old skate park. The old skate park was a rundown piece of land that looked like a cemetery. The grass was brown and there were cans and beer bottles littered all over the place. I sit on a decent piece of concrete and hug my knees to my chest. I see a ripple at the air, and Leo steps out, his clothes still the same. He surveys the area, and when he sees me, he smiles.

"Hey." He says casually. I give a short smile. He sits next to me with a grunt.

"So..." I drawl. He laughs.

"So indeed." He sighs, and turns to me.

"When i tell you what everybody has tried so hard to keep from you, you have to promise you wont freak out." I look at him suspiciously.

"Depends on the severity of the situation." I say cautiously. He huffs, and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Well, there's no easy way to put this, but you can see ghosts." I just look at him, and then i laugh. He frowns.

"What's so funny?" He says confused. My laughter dies down and i look at him.

"Are you crazy?" I ask, a hint of play fullness in my voice.

"No." He says deadly serious. My face falls.

"Oh." Is all i say. He closes his eyes and frowns.

"You can see ghosts, because you are a Necromancer." I raise an eyebrow.

"And what? you're a ghost?" He looks up sharply, a hint of darkness in them. He looks straight forward, but keeps talking.

"Yes, i am a ghost and so is Paige." I decide to listen, thinking 'what the hell? cant hurt me can it?'

"How did you die?" i say quietly. His eyes glaze over.

"It was dark. Paige and i had decided to sneak out and go to a party and we got lost. We wandered around but kept going around in circles, and then we came to this...cemetery. There were statues of angles, crosses, but one caught my eye, and i wandered off from Page to look at it. It was a statue of the grim reaper, and he was wearing a cloak that covered his face, and then i heard this scream. I ran towards it, but tripped and hit my head. My vision went all blurry, and the last thing i saw, was Paige's expressionless eyes, just staring at me.

"I woke up and i was in this place, i have no idea where it was, but it was like my old school. I wandered the halls, and i came to this room. I found Paige in a chair, just staring at the white board. I called her name, but she didn't reply. Then i heard this voice. It was raspy, and old.

'Do you know where you are?' The voice boomed, and i was shaking in my boots.

'No.' I stutter. There was a cackling laugh, and then this man appears out of no where. He was deathly pale, and he had eyes as black as night. He was old, and his skin drooped. He says nothing, and then walks into thin air. The room changes...and yea. That's it basically." He looks at me, waiting for me to talk. I shake my head.

"And what do you want from me?" I say with a hint of panic. He sighs.

"I knew i should've left him to do it." He say to himself, even though i still hear. He stands, and looks down at me.

"You have to trust me, or he will find you. I will send someone else. He is a bit more....persuasive." The air around him ripples, and he is gone.

*                                                                                 *                                                                            *

When I get through the door, lovely smells waft up my nose, from the kitchen. I hear Aunt Patty humming to herself.  Aunt patty was weird in a way, but normal. She had straw like hair that stuck out in different angles, and sagging pale skin, with veins all over her face, clearly visible. Me on the other hand, I looked like a normal teenager. Black hair, Caspian blue eyes, peachy skin, and dark under eyes, due to lack of sleep. The dream about my parents wasn't helping, but this one popped up once in a while. This dream was about a beautiful place filled with beautiful views, and filled with death. Everywhere looked beautiful, but in a way, it was dead. Everything was white. No black, no nothing, just happy everything. But it was all very real. Maybe Leo and Paige where connected?

I sigh at my paranoia and walk into the kitchen, where I’m greeted by a happy-chappy Aunt Patty. She liked the way i was. I had a short temper sometimes, but i never got angry at aunt Patty. She was the only family i had left.

"Hi honey. How was your day?" She says, giving me her full attention. I shrug and pick on some meat that was left on the table.

"Same as always" weird as! she smiles. She turns back to the stove, and i head up to my room.

i sigh as i sit on my bed, the mattress dipping under my weight. I forget all the past events and focus on homework.

Sorry for the boring chapter...not much happining in this one, but the next one i promise there will be some action. vote, comment, enjoy :)