Chapter 6

When i get home, aunt Patty isn't home there which scares me. She was always home when i arrived back from school. I walk into the living room and i find a man sitting in my lounge. I stand in the door way, feeling a bit awkward. The man turns his head, and only his head, to stare at me.

"Um.....hello." i say slowly. His lips start to curve up and i don't recognise it as a smile, but as a sharp toothed snake waiting to strike.

"Hello my dear." He says. His voice is not just raspy, but it sounds like two voices speaking at once. He looks young, in his late 30's, but something about him is old, ancient; dark and deadly.

"I've been waiting for you but alas, i cannot touch you." His face turns very serious and my stomach churns in dread. He stands up and the air around him ripples, and he disappears. I shiver as the air turns warm from the usual cold. All of a sudden, banging sounds at the door, and it sound like the door is slowly coming off its hinges. I run to the door and the dude from yesterday barges through the door, his eyes a black instead of their normal blue. He stalks through to the living room.

"Where is he?! where is he?!" he roars. I flinch as his intimidating stare burns holes in my eyes.

"Where is who?" I yell back. He sniffs the air, and i Can't help but be a bit weirded out. He looks back at me, then turns his head towards the kitchen.

"Where's your Aunt?" He suddenly asks from out of the blue. I frown.

"How do you know i have an aunt?" He scowls.

"Where is she?" He asks avoiding the question. i sigh.

"When i got home she wasn't here...but this man was sitting on my couch." i say feeling a little dizzy. I hear a rumbling noise and he storms out of my house and out to the old oak tree.

"Alright, explain.” He doesn’t move.

“Where is she?” I say.

“She’s gone to the outer lands.” I stare at him.

“Bring her back.” He shakes his head.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that.” I scoff.

“Why not? i know you know about Leo, so if you know anything about my aunt, i want you to Bring, her, back.” He steps forward.

“I can’t.” he says defeated. I stare at him.

“Are you kidding me?” he shakes his head.

“No, I’m not. The only person who can bring her back, is you.” I stare at him.

“How?” I whisper. He steps back, and nods at me.

“Close your eyes.” I close them slowly.

“And now think of everything you hate.” Flashes of faces go through my head, and I growl.

“Now think of one piece of light, shining through all that hate.” In my mind, I see a piece of light, and the faces swirl into nothing.

“Now think of her.” And all that light swirls into aunt Patty's face. I feel a sudden burst of light, outside of my lids, and hear sudden sobbing. I open my eyes, and see my aunt lying on the ground, sobbing. I rush over to her, and gather her up In my arms. She clings to me, getting my top wet.

“It was horrible.  All the black, no colours, no light.” she says so brokenly. I stroke her hair.

“Shh, it’s alright.” I glare at the man, and then speak softly to aunt Patty.

“Go back, and get some rest, OK?” she nods and slowly gets up, trudging back to the house. I slowly stand up, and look at the man.

"What do you want from me” i say tiredly.

“Are you not going to invite me inside?” he says cockily. I growl.

“My aunt does not need to deal with this.” He nods.

“Can we go somewhere with some light then?” he asks. I look around, but see no light apart from the house.

“I don’t know-” and he is heading into the forest.

“Hey!’ I shout I run after him, and there is a burst of light, and there is a fire. I look through, and see him take down his hood. I breath in sharply. He has hair as black as night, and skin as pale as ivory.

“Do you want to sit down?” I look at the ground, and slowly sink down while he still stands, and looks into the fire.

(Flash back)

“There was a time ago when dark creatures ruled the earth, and when they did, they burnt and destroyed the land beyond repair. Then one day a piece of light fell from the sky and hit the ground restoring the earth to its rightful state, but the dark creatures fought back. This light could not be defeated. In the end all hate was gone, until man was made. Man had seen this light, and wanted it so badly, he went down to the underworld and asked the lord Hades to put this light into a body he could love, but Hades could not do it and so the man captured that light. When he captured it, it turned into a beautiful woman with black hair as night, lips as red as buds, and eyes as yellow as gold. He had a baby with that woman and a year later, the woman disappeared. He searched far and wide, but couldn’t find her. All the while, that little girl he had was growing and growing, and then she was a teenager. 16, and the father saw a piece of the girls’ mother in her everyday, and then Hades came to the surface. He saw her and demanded that the man hand her over, but he would not and so to keep Hades away from his daughter, he begged the lord Zeus to change her into a light spirit. Zeus took pity, and changed her into light. She lived for a time, until Hades rose against Zeus and Poseidon. Dark beasts were let free, and the only person who could stop them, was the girl made of light, but she could not do a thing and so she made a bargain with a human, and had a child with him. That girl is still alive, but her parents are not. The girl is made of light, and has the power of light, now Hades wants to destroy that light so he can take over the heavens, but the parents made a bargain, that he was not allowed to touch her until she was 16.” I nod, so intent on the story. He looks down at me, then kneels and looks into my eyes.

“That girl, would be you.”

DUN DUN DUN!!! SO INTENSE!

hope you like it!