Chapter 8

I cry as my mothers face burns underneath my eyelids, my fingers digging into the grass and the soil. i feel the man kneel beside me as sobs rack through my body, making me shiver.

"Why? why would you show me that!" i say as i look up at him through my blurry vision, pain coarsing through my heart. His expression turns to one of pain as if he feels it too.

"I didn't mean to, i just-" i stand and stumble away from him, my vision still blurry.

"Stay away from me! i don't want this! i don't want to be anything other than alone!" i turn and run, tears streaming down my face as i see the light of the front porch come into view. i run up the stairs, tripping over the wooden board, scraping my hands on the wood. i run up to my room, and tuck my self in the corner, letting my howls of pain escape my aching chest. I slowly cry myself to sleep.

*    *    *

When i wake, i'm in my bed, and i feel groggy and memories of last night fill my head and i feel my lip tremble. i get up and slump down the stairs, breathing in the familiar smell of aunt patty and a sweet smell that fills me with a light feeling, making me smile, but also telling me something was off. Something didn't feel right. I frown and shiver. I walk into the kitchen and find aunt Patty making bacon and eggs. i frown. why is she so happy?

"Because after he put you in bed, he took away all she saw, and made her think it was a dream" Leo say right by my ear. I turn to him and frown.

"How the hell did he get in my house?!"

".......The door?"

"Oh Dear! You're awake!!" Aunt Patty says, turning around and smiling at me. i smile back, the smile not quite reaching my eyes. i sit at the table as she sets breakfast in front of me, and stare at it not quite feeling that hungry. i eat Little, but not that much.

"What's wrong Shade? you look a bit lost honey " she says, a small smile on her face. i close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Aunt Patty, i have to go away for awhile." Aunt Pattys face goes pale and she sits at the table.

"But he hasn't come yet, he hasn't come for you, and he shouldn't, its not true. you're not leaving!" She yells the last part. I stand and guide her to the table.

"What are you talking about Aunt Patty? who hasn't come?"

"The man! the man with the blue eyes" she says, whispering the last part. This time i go pale.

"It's him. You know it's him." Leo says next to me. i close my eyes and take a deep breath.

 "Aunt Patty, i know he hasn't come yet, but i have to go"

"You know why everything is off? because your birthday is getting closer" A soft voice whispers in my head. I know it's him, and i know why he is here.

"Look Aunt Patty, i have to go today...i know it's so soon, but i have to." Tears start streaming down her face and i grab her frail hand in mine.

"Don't cry Aunt Patty. i will be back, i promise. I will see you after my birthday, and only until then. I love you." Iog lean over and kiss her cheek while she nods.

"He is here, i can feel him. He has been here a while...i just didn't want to believe it. Go, i know what has to happen. Please keep safe." i nod and hug her fiercely, savouring the moment. i hear a small knock, and Aunt Patty nods at me, and i smile, tears starting to well in my eyes, and i turn my back, walking out the door, and walking straight to him.

hey guys, sorry for the late update, exams suck

love rain