l:chapter 26 - Meet the Shadow Family

when we have all finished, Prudence excuses herself, and Trude tries to help, but I shoo her away. I clear the table, and feel a stange tingiling in the back of my mind. I stop and look at Kaelib. 

" what are you doing?". he looks around and points to himself, trying to be funny. I laugh sarcastically and give him a mental shove that makes him stumble in suprise. 

"dont try and get into my head" I go back to putting things away, then starts the dishes. as I'm washing, I see a pair of hands start grabbing the dishes and drying them. I stop and look at Kaelib. he looks back and I feel my insides burn, so I turn away and keep washing the dishes. 

when I'm finished I clean the bench down and walk into the living room to see Trude fast asleep. I venture down the hall way to find Prudence in a dress, with a hat. she turns and sees me and smiles I smile back suprised. 

"My my, don't you just look fancy Prudence jane! " she laughs, and smoothes down the creases. 

"well I'm glad you think so because we my dearest friend are going for a walk"

Kaelibs P.O.V

I watch as Shadow helps Prudence out the house as Prudence complains about being 'as new as an old pipe'. Shadow laughs, and the sound just makes my Heart stop. The wind picks up outside and her smell wafts through the open door making me shiver in delight. she smelt like raspberries and mangoes. Mmm.  

Shadow pops her head through the door and calls out for Trude. Trude waddles ou of the kitchen to the front door.  

"did you want to come for a walk with us Trude?" Trude shakes her head looking tired. Shadow nods and goes to leave, but not before her eyes land on me, with a hint of something in her eyes...she's gone. 

the feeling of emptyness that washes over me is so great it kinda hurts a little. I call out to kaerin who comes trotting through the door with a smile on her face. I scrunch up my face at her 

"ew kaerin..just ew" she shruggs her wolfy shoulders. I shiver and walk into the lounge to see Trude asleep on the couch. I open a shadow portal and let it take me back to the others.

Shadow P.O.V

As we walked, memories flooded into my head like a flood of watef as Prudence spoke. she told me of Tommys father, how he died in the war just after Tommy was born. Tommy did have a twin sister, but she got sick and died when she was 9.  

"I never did get to tell you...but I deemed you Tommy and Glorias god mother." my head snapped towards her. her green eyes shon in the light as we sat down on a park bench. 

"god mother?" I asked again, not quite believing it. she nodded and gave a short laugh. 

"you're more or less their guardian and Aunty dear Shadow, they just didn't get to meet you." I lean over to Prudence and hug her gently. 

"oh how I've missed you my dear friend" I whisper as tears fill my eyes. Prudence pulls out a hankerchief and wipes away my tears. a small smile plays on my lips. 

"you still have it" she looks down and the hankerchief and smiles widly. Prudence had given me one of her best hankerchiefs to use when I was poor, and when she left I gave it back to her. 

"it has reminded me of you every day" I scrunch up my nose. 

"what, when you wipe your nose on it??" she gives a hearty laugh which makes me smile "no, don't be daft! i take it with me everywhere, so you are with me all the time" I give her a kiss on the cheek, and we set off along the park.

kaelibs p.o.v

when I get to the house, everybody is there.....except for her 

"where have you been Kae?!" I Roll my eyes as the voices of my fellow shadows hit me. introduction to every body 

Me, Lena, and Rathbone belong to Elijah 

Edward, Carlisle, katarina and Ness belonged to Mosis.... 

Elijah, mosis, and Remus were brothers, and each shadow belonged to an origional...except her...my baby girl. 

I shake my head angry for thinking of her in that way.  

"I found another" they all go dead silent. I run a hand though my hair feeling slightly overwhealmed. 

"how old is she?" Lena asked. I shook my head. 

"that's what I want to know...she can walk out into the sun without a single heasatation" confused expressions cross their faces and I just shrugg taking a seat at the table. Carlisle claps his hands together smiling. 

"well. we should give them a good 'ol shadow welcome" Ness smiles widley and they all agree. I sigh. they got all kinds of carried away when it came to something new they hadn't tried.

Shadows p.o.v

After dropping off Prudence I slowly walk through the streets, feeling happy for once. I was glad for finding Tommy in that alley way. I look around and walk into a small corner of a building. I jump up and land on the roof not makin a sound. I hear a crunch behinde me and spin around to see a man in a hood just standing. I growl at him, not in the mood for company at this time of night. I turn around and run, jumping off the roof and landing on the other, using my momentum to forward roll. I look back and see nothing...but when I face forwards there is another figure standing infront of me. I hear small whistles all around me and look in their directions. I see one, two, four, six, seven coated figures. they are all spaced out on the rooves around me, some high, some low, some crouching. I hear Severus beside me growl. He barks once, the sound more like a roar, and one of the figures, the one perching on a pole jumps and grabs a pole a couple of meters infront of themself, gripping it and flipping around landing in a crouch. something about them seems familiar, and when the stand up, I know exactly who it is. I growl at Kaelib as he pulls down his hood. I crouch ready to pounce and he tenses, which makes me wonder why. 

, but instead of running at him, i run the opposite direction, and jump off of the building, plunging towards the ground.