chapter 25- Breakfast for 3?

When i wake, Prudence is still asleep, and the sun is just hitting the edge of her bed. i stand and make my way into the lounge. The heavily pregnant woman is not on the couch and i hear the flushing of the toilet. A door in the kitchen opens and the heavily pregnant woman walks out. she stops when she sees me.

"Who are you?" she says with venom. i frown.

"I'm...a friend of prudence." She snares.

"My ass you are, you're just here to steal my Tommy away...well you can't have him!!" She rubs he belly.

"I don't want Tommy, I promise. he is all yours and your little one." she plops down on the couch with a huff.

"He's never home anymore and when he is, he's always off his face." she sniffs. i sit down next to her and rub her back.

"Do you know what? i think Tommy is about to take a change for the better and is going to start taking you and your little one seriously." she sniffs and looks at me through blurry eyes.

"You think so?" i nod and smile.

"I know so." She stares off in to space, so i get up and walk into the kitchen. It is hideous. Lime green wallpaper peels off of the wall, showing the true stained brown colour of the house. There are dishes all over the bench and bugs all over the plates. i sigh and take off my coat. I fill the sink with boiling water and get to washing.

I go through three loads, washing, drying and putting away. Once that's done i look in the fridge. A putrid smell comes from it making me sick to my stomach. I find the source and it is a dish of rotting meat. i clean out the fridge and by the time i'm done, there is literally nothing in the fridge. I look around and see the woman asleep on the couch, and so i quickly shadow travel to the grocery store. I get a whole basket of eggs, bacon, tomatoes, milk, Coffey, fruit and other things. I have no money on me, so i shadow travel back to Prudence's house, and find Tommy putting on his boot. I clear my throat and he looks up.

"You....you were in my dream." I smile.

"Off to work for you." i say and he frowns.

"How did you-"

"Tommy?" He rushes over to his girlfriend and i get to cooking. I cook bacon and eggs, toast, sausages and i make coffee. The woman comes into the kitchen and rubs her belly.

"Is this for us?" she says confused. i nod smiling kindly at her.

"Thank you...My name's Trude." i smiles.

"My name is Shadow." she sits down and looks at the food.

"I haven't had this type of food since i was home." tears well in her eyes.

"Hey, don't cry, its ok, you will have plenty of food ok?" she nods and sits there. i sigh and grab a plate, putting a little bit of everything on it. There's a knock at the door and Trude stands and gets it. I hear her talking to someone. I pour her coffee and as i turn, i see the one person that makes my insides burn.

"This gentle man says he know you?" his eyes burn into mine and i feel exposed. They are no longer black, but an extreamly dark blue.

"No, i don't know him." she frowns.

"Come now shadow, do you not remember me? Kaelib?" Oh, my, gosh, even his name was sexy. I feel a shiver run down my spine and i see his eyes curve up a little at my reaction. I glare at him.

"No, sorry Trude, this man is a stranger to me." I walk into the kitchen and shake the pan. I hear Trude talking and i glare at the sausages for Kaelib being here. I feel strong arms wrap around my waist. I gasp as i feel fire burn my skin....it feels amazing. I shake my head and turn around, pushing him away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" i say breathless, but angry. He stands back and cocks his head to the side.

"Im coming to help you with Prudence." i snarl at him.

"I don't need help and how the hell do you know about prudence?" i snap. A large wolf head pokes around the corner and i see Severus. I grab a sausage and throw it at him. he grabs it in his mouth and trots off down the hall to Prudence. I glare at Kaelib and get back to cooking.

Kaelib P.O.V

I watch as she cooks the food for Prudence. Severus had filled me in on the details and i had found out that she was the only human that new what she was. Her long black locks tumble down her back in a cascade, making me want to run my hands through it. She sets off to put food in a plate for Trude, and sits down and watches her eat. she turns a little.

"Where is your shadow?" she ask quietly. I give a low whistle and Kaerin trots in and sits next to her. she grabs a sausage and offers it to Kaerin. Kaerin looks at it confused, but grabs it in her mouth. She takes her first bite and then the whole sausage is gone. Shadow laughs and it sounds amazing.

"Hasn't Kaelib ever fed you food?" she says choosing her words carefully, aware of Trude. Kaerin answers shadow in her head and she laughs, making my heart beat faster. Kaein says something else, making Shadow blush. I see her peek over at me. my eyes lock with hers, making me want to get lost in them forever.

Shadow P.O.V

Looking in to his eyes made my soul burn and my heart stop, i never wanted it to end. Severus walks in, making me look down.

Prudence Jane is asking for you little one.

I get up and slowly walk into her room, making sure she hadn't fallen back asleep. I see her smiling face and i know that she will be alive for quite sometime.

"Thank you old friend. I feel as if i have gone back to when we first met, we were teenagers." She gets up and tests her legs, finding them a bit wobbly. i walk over and support her. She smiles gratefully. when we hit the lounge, she is walking steadily by herself. She stops when she gets to the kitchen.

"You never told me you had a man!" prudence exclaims. I blush and laugh shakily.

"No prudence, i only met him the other day." she looks at me with big owl eyes and my eyes grow just as big when i finally get what she's thinking.

"No! prudence Jane how dare you think that of me!" i say a little bit flabbergasted. She lets out a huff, and i hear laughing come from Kaelib. I glare at him.

"What are you laughing for?" i snap. he keeps laughing and i find myself getting angry. I walk out side knowing he will follow. When he steps out the door i throw a ball of black lightning at him which makes him fall over. He frowns at me.

"What was that for?" i narrow my eyes at him.

"I don't take to kind to people laughing at me." I say through gritted teeth. He gets up and brushes the dirt off of him.

"I'm sorry for laughing at you." He says. I look him over to see if he's being a dick but every thing says it was sincere. I walk towards the door but he grabs my wrist. I spin around and glare at him. He smiles.

"That wasn't fair what you did back their." i roll my eyes.

"Well, the world isn't a fair place." i pull out of his grip and walk inside to see Prudence patting Severus. Severus didn't let anyone pat him, only prudence. I smile and sit at the table. I put food on my plate and then i hear the chair besides me scrape the wooden floor. I look up slowly and see Kaelib sitting next to me. Very close. He looks at me and smiles before getting food for himself. I glare at my food and dig into it.

plz excuse my bad spelling >.<