Chapter 4.

I went home shaking, literally. My bones felt like jelly and I couldn't help but to turn around every so often to make sure no one was following me. 

I didn't know what to do about the message on the walls, so I just ran out of there as fast as I could.

Should I tell my mom? I wasn't too sure. I wanted to tell her just so she'd know and be careful, yet I knew she'd make us move. And to be honest, I really didn't want to move. I liked it here already, and I liked the thought of having a friend. 

Oh please you just wanna stay cuz of Ryder. My brain told me.

NOT TRUE! 

YES TRUE!

I stopped mentally arguing with myself once I took my shortcut through the forest area. I wondered if I could find the wolf I saw yesterday, yet I kept wondering if it was a dream or not. With no sign of the damn thing, I continued to hastily trudge through the forest, weaving around trees and bushes.

"I thought I'd find you here." A husky voice said from behind, making me jump out of shoes. I turned around, fearful.

"Ryder? What are you doing here?" I asked, somewhat nervous. Looks can be decieving. What if he wrote what was on the walls at school?

"You've been avoiding me for a couple days now," He said while he crossed his oh so buff arms in front of him and leaned against the tree. The stance he was performing made my knees buckle and and my body melt.

"Oh, didn't mean to, my bad." I said curtly.

"Is something wrong?" He asked and took a step towards me. I immediately backed one up. He seemed hurt, and even a little angry. 

"N-no." I lied through my teeth. He sighed and rubbed his head with his hand. 

"You are the worst liar I've ever met Zara." He said with a sigh. 

"So I've been told." I countered. I backed away, showing I was leaving. 

"Don't go, I just found you!" He huffed. Right then and there, I panicked. That was what was on the wall. He'd/She'd found me and my mother. Before I could process what was happening, I turned around and let my legs carry me as fast as possible. Adrenaline surged through me and I felt like running to the ends of the earth.

"Zara wait!" He called from behind. I could hear leaves crunching from behind me, signaling he was near. I was smaller and petite so I should have the advantage here. 

We were running in a straight line, when all the sudden, I made a zigzag left. I heard him grunt from behind in frustration and I think he even slid. I didn't have time to ponder on it. My hair was whipping behind me and my backpack was jostling shoulder to shoulder. Never before had I been so frightened.

Two large and warm arms suddenly caught me. I shrieked out in fear and started to kick and squirm, ignoring the odd sensations that were flying up my arm. I screamed as loud as humanly possible.

"You won't win this battle Zara. I'm stronger than you." Ryder whispered huskily in my ear, making me shiver.  I didn't listen. I continued to punch, bite, scream, kick, everything you name it.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed in fear. 

"Zara, what's wrong with you!?" He got out as I uselessly struggled. 

"You sicko don't touch me or my mom!" I hissed and tried to get out of his grasp.

"Whoa whoa whoa, what are you talking about?" Ryder asked, sounding legitimately confused. I was getting super tired now from all this running and squirming.