Chapter 5.

Ryder's POV***

Zara sleeping on my chest was like a dream. Her eyelashes were gently closed and her hair splashed in all directions. Her chest would slowly rise and quickly fall. Everything about her was so perfect. 

[I'm trying very hard to keep my paws off her] My wolf growled lowly inside of me. He was my other half.

And I felt the same. It was incredibly hard not to mark her, although she was laying right on me. and sparks were being sent up all parts of my body. Her scent wasn't making things any easier as well. Vanilla and lemon, mixed into one. Every breath I took, was filled with her scent. 

[Alpha, we have more news on Zara.] My Beta, Brandon, called to me in our mind link. I sighed. There was definately some sort of past time with Zara, and I could tell I wasn't getting it out of her very easy. I hated keeping secrets from her and finding out about her without her consent, but I had to do everything in my power to protect her. To protect what's mine. Mine, and mine only.

[Alright, I'm on my way.] I grunted in annoyance. I hated to have to part with Zara, but I had to find out what was going on with her past, and why she and her mother were running from it. I slowly got up, cradling Zara in my arms bridal style.

Slowly she started to mumble. "Pl . .s . . st .p . . ." I faintly heard with my high senses. What was she talking about? Whatever it was, it had me deeply concerned. What if someone was harming her? The thought made me angry as hell and had my wolf dying to rip off someones head. 

I made it out of the forest and to the spot where Zara and my wolf had been talking with each other. And there across the street was her house. I glanced down at her gorgeous face and started to head over.

Her mumbling became incoherent and made me stare down at her figure in my arms. Her eyebrows were raised upwards as if she was scared and I now noticed the hand clenching my shirt. Her knuckles were white and her whimpers and mumbles continued. It hurt my heart to see Zara like this, only making me more determined to figure out what was going on with her past. 

Finally, I got to her house and decided to put her in her room herself. I easily climbed over her wood fence that led into her backyard. There was a large tree with branches sticking out in all directions that could lead into her room.

I stared at her and  forced her tighter to my chest. Her hand that was balled into my shirt loosened and her mumbles stopped, like she was relieved. I sighed in relief and made my way up the tree. Once at the top, her window was shockingly already open, so I slid in and put her in her cute pink bed. 

After I put the covers on her, I did a double take. Inside, my wolf growled. Another male had been in her room. His scent was at least 2 days old and somewhat stale. I couldn't tell if he was one like me or like Zara.

I growled angrily as I hopped out of her window and made my way to the pack house. I was trying hard not to shift right now. That was not what I needed. 

I finally got to the pack house and got out of my car. My large strides sent me flying into the house within seconds. 

"Alpha Ryder!" Brandon addressed. I held my hand up and he nodded.

"We've found out something about Zara." He added. I nodded and we started to talk.

"Seems like one of mother's sweethearts is coming back for a visit." I sneered as Brandon told me all the information.

"Well shit Alpha, hasn't he heard?" Brandon played along. A smirk took over my face.

"She's mine."

Woah all in Ryder's POV

Vote

Comment

Thoughts?