:: Life ::

A figure of magnificent and fierce beauty stood—no, floated—gracefully before him. With bright shining armor, her entire being radiated power and life.

Her presence was enough to make the fallen 1st Class SOLDIER bow down on one knee before the ethereal deity that was Gaia. She was the Goddess, Minerva. In the end, he knew that he would have had to return here, to the Lifestream. Genesis' life only existed with borrowed time during the War of Resolve. Whatever judgment she would hand down upon him he would accept with open arms. Whether it would be to disperse like so many other souls into the Lifestream or to go forth to the Promise Land, he couldn't care less. He had served his role and fulfilled his purpose on Gaia, his fate to bring about the change she had entrusted him with.

'You have done well, Chosen One. Is the afterlife what you truly seek?' Minerva asked.

Confused by her question, Genesis could only stare at her. He asked himself if that was what he really wanted. In many ways he wanted to go change the course of events, to go back in time and undo all the mistakes that he had made.

'I think you know there are things that cannot be changed, no matter how much we all wish for them to be different.'

"Th-then I don't deserve the afterlife?" he croaked. Fear that his Goddess would reject him gripped at his heart.

'You misunderstand,' she said softly in a comforting manner. 'After the role you were given, what is it that you desire?'

After so much pain, suffering, and battles, Genesis was glad he still had memories of happier times. Memories from when his world wasn't so twisted when he still was living with what was his family and friends. Even after that, he had the chance to have a few happier times with Cloud's oddball group. While the times were short, he wouldn't have minded experiencing those small, warm moments again.

This time, the Goddess smiled kindly at him, 'I see. You seek life.'

The crimson SOLDIER shook his head, "I am dead."

'True. You are dead here on Gaia,' Minerva stated, and then continued, 'Nonetheless, if you had the chance to live a clean slate in another world, would you take it?'

He hesitated.

'Be warned. I cannot erase your memories from Gaia. There will be hardships along the way, but I will guide you if you ever feel lost.'

Genesis was shocked. "You would really do that?"

'Yes.'

He gulped at the thought of living in a new world. A place where he could start over and have the things he lost back in his time; and role as the Catalyst and WEAPON on Gaia would truly come to an end.

"Then I accept," Genesis said.

'Then so be it.'