:: Apples ::

If there was something Robert and Hazel could agree upon it was that they thought Genesis' love for apples to be strange. While the fruit was certainly a healthy one, they couldn't understand why Genesis tended to treat them like a staple food.

One notion that the volunteer nurse had proposed was that perhaps at some point when Genesis was a kid he was a country boy. Maybe a farm where he lived had grown apples and that living off of it was a norm.

Robert, in contrast, didn't believe in Hazel's theory. If Genesis had grown up on a farm, he'd expect to him have a lingering country accent. He believed that the apples had a deeper meaning to Genesis. Honestly, who eats a bowl of apples nearly every day like it was a ritual? Even vegetarians weren't that crazy, and Robert didn't think it was for dieting purposes as the kid didn't have a weight problem. Saying it was 'the gift of the Goddess' was one idea that leads to the fact there was a story behind his craze for apples.

Meanwhile, Genesis sat silently with a small grin rising to his lips, his nose stuck in a book. It was fun seeing and listening in on them debate, guess, and Genesis would let them try to figure it all out without being helpful in giving answers. It was a shame they didn't know both theories were right.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Virtue has a veil, vice a mask.~ Victor Hugo  

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔