:: Cards ::

One of the ways to pass the time (when Genesis didn't have homework) was to play poker. The hospice staff wasn't sure how old man Robert got the chips into their establishment, but they did have suspicions that Hazel turned a blind eye or Genesis snuck them in. Sadly, the rest of the elderly population couldn't complain since there was no real money involved.

During the games, Hazel reluctantly had to admit she was no match for the other two males in the room. She only had recently been taught the game, unlike Genesis or Robert. Seeing the poker faces those two wore while playing made her wonder how they could keep them on so perfectly.

Eventually, the girl gave up playing a game she had no real chance at winning and became the dealer instead. It was both amusing and interesting as she observed the two tallying up their wins. She wasn't so surprised by Robert's expertise because he had a history working for one of the United States' several intelligence agencies. Rather, it was Genesis' skill at it that Hazel found puzzling. Was it because of his time out on the streets? That wasn't a satisfying explanation, especially when poker games were usually won with experience. She shrugged it off, figuring that it was probably a genius thing for Genesis. So far the boy was ahead by five games and Robert looked as if a vein was about to pop in his head.

"Three kings," the elder man smugly said. "Three of a kind."

Genesis smirked back as he laid his own cards down, "Full house."

As Robert angrily gritted his teeth in defeat, their dealer shook her head and chuckled.

Make that six.