:: Graduation ::

To Genesis, graduation felt like it was déjà vu all over again.

In his previous life he was graduating his advancement from being a cadet and accepted into SOLDIER. Here, he had finally completed his secondary education with flying colors and earned the highest final examinations overall score. As much he prided himself for that, he couldn't help he was feeling disappointment like he did back on Gaia.

While he did have Angeal to celebrate his SOLDIER graduation with him as well as his mother, Gillian, his foster parents in the past hadn't showed up. At the time, he wasn't as famous yet for befriending Sephiroth, and his foster parents were against him joining SOLDIER in the first place. They had wanted him to continue their dumb apple plantation than make a life in Midgar. Even if they had the money to attend his graduation day, they refused to be there for him.

On Earth, Genesis didn't really have any blood-related relatives. There was a representative from his foster home and three of the kids from where he lived now came to cheer for everyone who was part of the scholarship program. Still, it just wasn't the same. His depressive thoughts though, didn't last long.

When he was called up to the podium for his certificate, he heard the usual claps and cheers from the crowd for his achievements. However there were also some very specific voices he heard with his enhanced hearing. Shifting his eyes over the crowd, he nearly gaped on who was there. Hazel was shouting and jumping up and down with large card saying 'Congratulations G!', Robert was clapping loudly with a grin on his face, and beside him Dr. Wright the doctor waved.

Genesis' blank face brightened and his lips curved up. He walked over to the principal and with a smile accepting his diploma.

With the ceremony over, the former SOLDIER walked over to the trio and breathlessly said, "You all came."

The old man's doctor was looking innocently like he was supposed to be somewhere else. "Uh, I just came along since I have some favors to pay Robert," Wright bluffed doing dismissing motions with hands. "But congrats Genesis; half a dozen Ivy League colleges want you. That's saying something."

"Thanks," Genesis took the doctor's hand and shook it.

"We couldn't miss it!" Hazel chirped in. "You were literally working yourself to the ground, which means you've got a reason for us to celebrate it!"

"Us?" Genesis asked.

"We're eating out," Robert said with smirk. "Special place, I'm paying, and the place makes mean dishes with apples as their main ingredient."

"You know I won't refuse with that," the teen laughed. "Thanks, Robert."

"Before we go," Dr. Wright coughed and pointed out, "Graduation photos first." He pulled out what happened to be Hazel's camera out of his pocket and motioned to get them into their positions.

A few photos later, they were off to Robert's suggested diner and celebrated Genesis' graduation until the night. It was a small party, but it proved to Genesis that his life this time around, things had changed for the better.

Genesis that day wore the widest smile he ever had in two lifetimes.