:: Bad Days ::

Like everyone else in the universe, there were bad days when Genesis Rhapsodos felt that his second life tended to be awful. That particular day just wasn't his day.

Way too early in the morning he was woken up by a nightmare; where the memories of his past life came back to haunt him: he was in the middle or his worst condition to his degradation. The pain, suffering, and remorse whiplashed full force when he awoke abruptly in his bed to find it was at 3 AM in the morning. Afterward, he couldn't sleep with the fear he'd dream it again if he closed his eyes.

His classes that day in high school didn't make things any better. Resentment from his peers in wanting to make his life as miserable as possible was taking a toll on his mind. Now, there were also some teachers who didn't like him for being too smart. Even if his grades didn't suffer from it, he almost blew up at a teacher who had taken a liking to trample on his dignity when the guy felt like it. The day wasn't worst one he'd had, but the frustration built upon months since school started was eating up his heart and mind to the brink of defeat.

At the end of the school day, he had immediately left the school premises without a thought to find some form of peace and quiet. Originally he had thought of not visiting Robert for that day so he could lock himself in his room back at the foster home, but his legs found their way instead back to the hospice.

As usual, he sat on the chair beside Robert's bed, but he did not speak or say anything. Genesis let a breath out and sighed letting all the pent-up disappointment out. What he didn't expect, was a hand over his head that rubbed him in a comforting gesture Angeal would usually do to reassure Zack when he was feeling down.

In his previous life, he would have slapped the hand away. This time around, he let the hand linger longer. His foster parents back on Gaia never gave the affection he craved no matter how much he tried earning it, and when he was in SOLDIER any idea of someone parenting him was unacceptable with his inflated ego in the way. Here, he was just an adolescent.

"Even the worst things will have to pass Genesis," Robert said, after a long silence. "And just because I'm a crippled old patient stuck in a hospice doesn't mean you can't let an adult share that load you're having trouble with."

"It's nothing," the teen said, trying to attempt a poker face but it wasn't working.

The old man rolled his eyes heavenward. "Bullshit. I know a tired face when I see one. One way or another you're going to have to let all the stress out. You might as well get over it now than let it cause grievances later. I'm willing to listen if you're up for it."

Another thing he didn't like about Robert was he was a very extremely persistent man. Genesis was able to avoid questions pertaining to his previous life, but he couldn't really avoid questions that had to do with his day-to-day life. In the end, he caved and told the old man about having a nightmare (although he didn't explain in full detail) and how school was giving him trouble. Unexpectedly he never thought about Robert giving him a solution to his problems. But taking the old man's advice lead him to sleep better that night and enjoy his school day better the next day.

While he knew Robert's time was short, Genesis learned to cherish the old man as more than just as a friend. To him, it was like getting to know and be fond of a father he never had.