:: Fireworks ::

While it was cold outside, Genesis was genuinely happy to see the fireworks. Not that it was shocking, since he considered himself a pyromaniac and had an affinity for the element. To see it across the city skyline and over the Chicago River was a beautiful sight to behold. The New Year's Eve celebration wasn't as different as back at home; it was all about letting go of the past, and looking forward to a new future.

"You have any New Year's resolutions, Genesis?" Robert asked, sitting in his wheelchair beside where the former SOLDIER stood.

"Probably graduate with flying colors; although I'm wishing to get a scholarship to maybe some of the universities or colleges on the East Coast." Genesis said thoughtfully. "I'd like to see this world more." Inwardly there was also a lingering wish to know if more of the bizarre existed somewhere in this world. If mutants existed, some forms of 'magic' had roots, then why not more?

This time, Robert turned to the girl in their midst, "How about you, Hazel?"

Hazel shrugged, "I wanna get a well-paying job somewhere in New York City. From there, I want to aim to work somewhere in the New York Stock Exchange."

The two youths both turned to the old man for confirmation.

"Meeting up with my son," Robert said with a rare smile. "Thankfully, it's in progress. I've sent an email to him and he replied. He's not sure when he can fly over here, but at least I now have some form of contact with him."

"Congrats," Hazel clapped, "just a bit more then."

"You'll get there," Genesis patted the old man on the back fondly.

"Well that means you two have some hard work to catch up on," Robert smiled. "I'm counting on you both."

"Already working on it old coot," the girl in their midst said back.

Genesis only smirked back at Robert, he was already working his way through university and college based references. Just a few months and his finals would start.