:: Temperamental ::

Between juggling school and going to the hospice, Genesis was in a better mood these days. The only thing he had to watch out for was when Old Man Robert got temperamental.

Naturally, the crimson commander didn't blame him. His disease was similar to his degradation; at some tiresome points, the pain got too excruciating that painkillers didn't work. So that left the old man to vent out the pain which in turn meant Genesis would be expected to avoid flying objects—vases, ornaments, a lamp, and so on—that sat on his bedside table. Though it was good exercise for his enhanced reflexes, the ex-SOLDIER was happy that Robert's old age inhibited him from letting the table fly, too.

Hazel was afraid at first, frightened by the old man's outbursts, but gradually accepting of it as a typical thing once Genesis explained to her that it was how Robert coped with his pain.

"I never figured you to be the patient type, Genesis," she admitted to the teen.

He blinked and shrugged his shoulders, saying, "I've never thought I'd be considered the patient type."

Genesis was without a doubt that he'd usually been the one to go into temper tantrums in the past. He wasn't called hotheaded for just the color of his hair. Were he here, Genesis was positive that his best friend would be laughing at the irony right now.