:: Belong ::

It probably felt like forever since the last time Genesis Rhapsodos had truly felt a sense of belonging, and out of all the places, it just had to be at a hospice.

However, this was probably the only place where he felt at home, where he could be himself thanks to Robert and have normal friends like Hazel. There were no demanding expectations, he was free to come and go as he pleased, and he'd live day by day enjoying the mundane things in life.

After a while, the room's appearance had changed from the bare white walls and empty space it once was. On one side of the room, stacks of board game boxes now occupied it, the bedside table had a vase with flowers in them, and pinned on the walls were a few souvenirs the three had stuck to the walls after their visits to various small festivals and outings. All in all, the room now showed life.

Genesis wished it could last forever at that moment, but he knew things never did.

Despite how lively the room looked now, the occupant of the room slowly but surely was stepping towards death's door.

The former SOLDIER commander swore to himself he would do his best to cherish the remaining time he had with Robert.

It might be sometime in the future before he'd find a place where he felt he belonged again.