:: Halloween ::

For the second time, Genesis was cursing the fact that Robert and Hazel had struck some sort of truce against him. The uniform clothes were proof.

He wasn't quite sure how it happened, but he somehow got himself roped into getting a costume for Halloween.

For all intents and purposes, he couldn't care less what it was about, since he wasn't familiar with the tradition. Nonetheless, it would be suspicious if he didn't follow the local celebrations America had and that would point out he was some sort of alien. Halloween for one was celebrated annually. He took note for other holidays the people of Earth celebrated and he'd find out in the near future. For now, there was the night to face.

Genesis was just thankful enough that he didn't end up in a silly costume of vampires or zombies. While some people had taken the costume and props to pro film class, others just look plain silly. He was also glad he didn't have to attend his school Halloween ball. The teens who literally hated his guts would have a reason to prank him because Halloween was a night where it was allowed.

The Hospice itself was brightly decorated with glowing pumpkin lanterns with scary faces, spiderwebs, and other ornaments. Even the grumpy elderly were in the mood to celebrate; thanks to the visitors younger kids from around the neighborhood. Genesis noted it was customary for the visitors to say 'Trick or treat' when they stood at the door. Naturally 'trick' meant that the visitors can prank your house and 'treat' meant getting sweets/food/or money. At least, that was what information he heard, but he figured there probably more than that.

His attention snapped back to reality when Hazel elbowed him in the rib, "Don't be a party pooper. You're supposed to have fun."

That was something Genesis didn't know about. How did you have fun on Halloween?

"Attention!" Robert called from his wheelchair, alerting to both of them to his presence.

Playfully Hazel saluted as she was in formal dress military army uniform with two stars on her shoulder straps, indicating she was costumed as a Major General. Genesis reluctantly followed as soon he was kicked in the heel thanks to the girl and saluted as well. He inwardly snorted as he looked to the set of three stars on each of his shoulder straps, which indicated he was a Lieutenant General, the very same equivalent rank he had back on Gaia. Robert being their 'leader' had four stars, so he was the general.

"Let's go."

That night the community was celebrating a Halloween bazaar and fair of sorts in the park near where the hospice was located. As Genesis pushed Robert's wheelchair he looked around the happy atmosphere and eventually let himself get caught in it. It had been a very long time he hadn't really celebrated. They visited the game stalls, attractions, and even the festive games. The trio even got people wanting to have pictures with them too thanks to the uniforms, especially old veterans who were with their grandchildren.

"Had fun?" Robert asked later when Hazel went off to get some candy/toffee apples.

"I thought you were a former CIA agent," Genesis joked about their costumes. But he answered the old man's question. "It's been a while I celebrated anything. It's... familiar somehow," he said mysteriously.

"Am I getting cold or warmer to your personal life here?"

"Warmer."

"Good," Robert said feeling happy he accomplished something. "As for the CIA thing, I've always wondered what dressing up as a general would be like," he said fondly, "I never got to disguise as a general before."

That led Genesis to chuckle. The irony was if he dressed up as he was back in Gaia, (SOLDIER garments and with his sword) he would have fitted straight in with those wearing fantasy costumes no doubt. He blamed the fact ShinRa was a corporate army anyway. Earth's military uniforms looked a lot more proper than Gaia ever had.

Another thing he enjoyed on Halloween was the candy apples. It was a shame they never had them back in Banora.