:: Separation ::

That Friday was Hazel's last day working there.

Her job at the hospice had been temporary after all. She had taken it so she could have a break from college and fill in her time while she was applying for jobs. Thanks to one convincing interview and passing the tests a certain company gave her with remarkable scores, Hazel was accepted into a financial firm based in New York City. It was her dream she'd work at the New York Stock Exchange one day.

Parting with her, in the end, had been somewhat tearful. Even Robert, who was never outright friendly with her, had made an effort to be reasonably kind to her that day. At the end of the day, he had thanked her for all she had done and wished her the best of luck.

"And then there were two," Genesis commented as they both watched Hazel's back disappear from visual range.

"Just like before she came along," the old man agreed wistfully.

"It feels lonely already."

Robert looked up at the teenager from his wheelchair and laid a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You can still meet her again, you know."

"I know, but it won't be the same without you, Robert," Genesis countered.

The former CIA agent didn't reply to that, but asked instead, "You're still sticking around, right?"

Genesis nodded. "As long as you want me to."

Robert smiled at that. "Well, you heard the lady. I'm going to have to die happy on my deathbed."

The younger man wheeled Robert back inside. "I think she left us a good stock of films for your entertainment."