:: Awkward ::

Talk about awkward.

It was the third time that week he was stuck again with the old man.

Genesis wanted to bang his head against the nearest surface enough times until it cracked to a billion pieces.

Those people who made him their hunting prey were getting more persistent every time he out run on them. He was beginning to find it tough to get to his outside school clubs that he decided to quit them and focus on his studies. Genesis was here because it was the only place they didn't dare chase him into—well they haven't figured that he went in—but he honestly didn't want to test it if they did found out. The old man yet again was giving him the death glares so he'd vamoose away from the room. In a way, it reminded him of how the Turks would use such an expression to get people running in the opposite direction.

"What are you looking at brat?" the patient seethed.

"You," Genesis replied simply, not at all intimidated by the old man's glares and even managing to keep a leveled gaze on him. "You remind me of those glares super spies give people so they'd scram."

"How did you know?" the old man asked, rather impressed by Genesis's statement.

"I'm very observant." was his shrugged answer. It wasn't exactly a lie on Genesis' part. With a small incline of his head, he left this time as soon the coast was clear outside.

The old man was just going ask something as the 'kid' disappeared. He knew a smart mind when he saw they kid through his eyes. Three times they've met and neither knew of each other's' names. He sighed and grunted in his bed. The old timer couldn't move from his bed, but he had a hunch it wasn't going to be the last time he'd see the kid again—especially when the gangs seemed to make the road next to his bedroom window a favorite spot to chase the redhead into a corner.

The fact the 'brat' he labeled respectfully bowed in apology every time he landed inside his room, made it even awkward for an old timer like him. It made him wonder why the boy didn't hold his ground and fight.