Chapter 11

I didn't think hiking would make all of us so sore and tired, but by the time we all made it home, it was past the kids' bedtime and we had to carry Avelyn and Mason up to their rooms to go to bed. Carter insisted on walking himself up to his room and kissed us both goodnight before getting himself ready for bed all by himself.

"I wonder how Ryland's date went?" I whispered as we walked into our bedroom.

"I sure hope it went well," Rocky huffed and shoved his shirt off and into the laundry basket in our closet.

"Me too," I told him as I leaned against the doorway to our bathroom. I pulled my shirt off and started the shower water. "Do you wanna shower first or should I?" I asked him.

"You go ahead. I'm gonna look through our pictures from today." He sighed happily and looked on my phone.

"Okay sweetie," I smiled at him and undressed myself to step into the shower. Rocky looked up at me and shook his head with a laugh. "What is it baby?" I laughed quietly.

"Nothing's bad," he raised his eyebrows. "It's just even after ten years and three kids, you've still got it." He winked at me.

"Well, thank you," I winked back at him and stepped into our shower. I took a short shower before stepping into the steamy bathroom and saw that Rocky was in our bedroom looking over something.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him as I looked over his shoulder.

He closed the book quickly and turned around to smile deviously at me. "Tomorrow's little task..."

"Why can't I see it?" I eyed him. "You keep surprising me and one of these days I'm so going to get you for it..." I pointed at him and went over to grab pajamas out of my drawer.

Rocky stood up and put the book in a high place I couldn't reach and then winked at me. "Just so you don't get any ideas about looking." I watched him walk into the bathroom in only his underwear and I felt my face turn red at the looks of him.

I sighed to myself and climbed into bed. I laid my head on my pillow and eyed the book up on the armoire until I finally closed my eyes, not even noticing when Rocky climbed in bed next to me.

* * *

My eyes fluttered open and Rocky's head was laying against my neck, breathing softly and placing kisses close to my sweet spot. "Mmmm," I moaned out, "good morning."

"Good morning, my love," he replied to me.

"What's all this?" I giggled as he intertwined his fingers in mine.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see..." he groaned and moved his lips up my jaw and to my own.

"Oh my goodness...." I laughed and looked him in the eyes on top of me. "You haven't done this in quite a while, have you?"

"No," he mumbled. "I haven't." He began to unbutton the top on my pajama set and I closed my eyes blissfully.

"What time is it?" I whispered.

"7:45..."

"Aren't the kids awake?" I asked him.

"Not a one." He kissed my collarbone. "Even Mason and Ryland are still sleeping..."

"Are you really doing this?" I giggled to him and ran my hand through his hair.

"Well, certainly..." He smirked up at me and unbuttoned the top the rest of the way. He slid it open and attacked my breasts with kisses along them. Goosebumps appeared over my body in surprised bliss.