Chapter 17

"Are we really doing this?" I sighed and looked at Rocky in the doorway of Rydel and Ellington's house. Rydel held Mason in her arms and Carter was lying on their couch still feeling sick. Avelyn caught the medicine finally and was playing in the backyard with the other two girls.

"I guess we are," Rocky smiled at me and rubbed my lower back. "Thanks guys. We can't thank you enough for this," Rocky told Rydel and Ellington.

"It's no problem at all. We're happy you guys are taking some time for yourselves. We won't call unless there's an emergency room visit," She joked.

My eyes widened and I looked at her. "Just call for bedtime tonight please," I pleaded to her.

She nodded to me and winked at me. Mason waved to us and we left quickly to avoid crying from us or the kids. Rocky drove us to the airport and surprised me with first class seats for us on the airplane. This time he wasn't surprising me and let me pick where we'd go for our weekend getaway. We didn't want to go across the country for just a night, so we settled on 24 hours in Las Vegas to get ourselves out of our adult funk.

We checked into a beautiful suite in The Venetian with a living area and a grand master bedroom with a large king bed. It was the same size as our bed at home, but for some reason this one just screamed, "please have sex on me."

I set my bag onto the large table by the window and looked out onto our view of the strip. "You've really outdone yourself with this one..." I turned to face my husband as he pulled his t-shirt off of his body and tugged on a navy blue button up with his black skinny jeans. I bit my lip and smiled. "I guess I'll get ready too."

I started with my make up, deciding that we could come back to the room before the night started so I could get more dark and sultry when the time came. I pulled off the t-shirt I wore and opened up my bag to pull out the navy blue heels I had brought with me. I grabbed the red dress and put it on, going over to Rocky to ask him to zip. "I'd like to unzip it... But I guess we'll save that for later." He raised his eyebrows and kissed me enticingly.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the balcony to look out over the midday crowd. "Should we start with lunch?" I looked up at him.

"Ahh..." he sighed. "Yes we should. I've missed Vegas." He looked around. "We came here for my 21st birthday. It was-"

"Crazy, I remember," I giggled. "Remember that was when we were 'just friends'?"

"Oh I remember... I thought of you the whole weekend, cursing myself that I didn't invite you along..." He moaned and brought me into a hug. "It's like a kid in a candy store..."

We walked to the door of our room and Rocky paused to grab something out of his bag. He gave me a look and casually pulled our handcuffs out, placing them on the bed then grabbing my hand again without missing a beat. "You are too much," I laughed and walked out with him as my face grew beet red.

We walked along the road outside and stopped to listen to a few musicians along The Strip. One guy playing guitar was so well that Rocky gave him his card and told him to call him Monday in the afternoon to schedule an appointment with his team. He was thrilled nonetheless.

We grabbed a bite to eat along The Strip, but it wasn't nearly as magical in the day as it was at night. Many people in Vegas slept in the day and partied all night, but for us we were ready to go through the day and the night.

At around four pm I started to hit my Mom tired zone and Rocky convinces me to do something I hadn't done since before carter was born. I took a shot. A vodka shot that burned my throat as I felt it rush through my system. "Ahhhhhh," I licked my lips and smiled with glee at my impressed husband. "Let's run."