Chapter 10, Flashback 3. dates

It had been quite a few years since you started going to the academy. At this point, Rin and Obito's death had passed and you remembered that night like it was yesterday.

~flashback in a flashback~

You knocked on the door of Kakashi's house frantically.

"Kakashi! I know you in there! Open up!" you yelled angerly.

"Go away! Please!" you heard Kakashi's voice crack.

You knew you weren't going to get him by the door. You looked over and saw an open window. You snuck in through it. Being a genin now, it was a breeze. You ran to the bathroom and swung the door open to see Kakashi at a sink, trying very hard to wash something off of his arm.

"It won't wash off," he yelled frantically as tears overflowed from his eyes.

Almost no one has ever seen Kakashi cry, he was at his limit and you knew it.

"Kakashi?" you said and softly.

He shot up and turned around slowly.

"What are you doing in here?" he asked, startled as he squeezed his arm.

You saw his face soaked with the tears, you slowly walked over to him.

"Please, don't come any closer!" he yelled. He sounded horrible, his voice was hoarse from crying and it was filled with so much grief you could feel tears come to your eyes.

You ignored his command and hugged him tightly.

"It's okay, you didn't mean to kill her," you said as you kept hugging him tighter.

He hugged you back as tears kept streaming down his face.

~End~

You had an evil plan for Kakashi and you knew where he was. You walked into a field and saw Kakashi standing at the KIA stone. You slowly snuck up behind him.

"Hello (Y/N)," he said with his famous closed eye smile.

You chuckled and backed up, he turned around with his arms crossed.

"So, you really think you could sneak up on me?" he asked

"Hey! You know I could! My ninja skills are just as good as yours." you said defensively.

"Alright, alright. What do you want."

"What do you mean?" You asked innocently as you batted your eyelashes.

"You never come here unless you need something from me," he said matter of factly.

"Just paying my respects to the ones who died in action," you said innocently.

"Spill it (Y/N)" he said.

You sighed and smiled.

"For as long as I've known you I've never seen you in a relationship with a girl much less been on a date with one," you said with your hands on your hips.

"Please, don't tell me that you-" You cut him off as his horror grows.

"I may have just set you up on a blind date with someone," you blurted out.

He immediately facepalmed.

"You've got to be kidding me," he said

"I'm not!" You say letting out a small chuckled.

"What if I have plans today?" he said seemingly annoyed.

"Come on Kakashi, you and I both know that you don't have any plans for today," you said with a smirk.