Teaser to "Posture"

I slowly sauntered down the path to meet my new mentor. I starightened my posture and practiced keeping my eyes low as I got closer to the rendezvous for the man who I would answer to from now on. I didn't see him other than in a photograph yet, but I knew his general apperance: Tall, muscular, silver hair, and a mask. Academy graduate at a young age, jonin, an ex anbu commander and a current sensei to 3 recent genin. He's very strong and well respected by anyone who knows of his legacy. He is going to train me in more advanced ninjutsu in exchange for me to tend to some of his responsibilities and lend assitance in his training. No one important or irreplaceable to him.

I arrived to the area, but I didn't see him. It was a public area with a few people; a few teens grouped together and talking to one another, someone leaning against the nearest building with their nose in a book, and a young woman watching a few kids running around; none of which were him. I sighed and sat on a bench patiently. I'm sure he had important errands to attend to. Only a few moments passed and I felt a sudden hand on my shoulder. I sat up quickly and saw the man I had been waiting for there. I kept my eyes down and didn't look him in the face, I noticed the closed book in his hand. I had completely overlooked him by mistake.

"Are you (Y/N)? Sorry for not approaching you right when you got here, I assumed you knew who you were looking for." He spoke to me.

I kept my eyes down.

"Greatest apologies Mr. Hatake, I didn't see that it was you reading against the wall. I hope you can forgive that infraction on my part." I apologized.

He laughed.

"No need to be sorry kiddo. I appreciate politeless as much as anyone, but I'm no hokage; you can refer to me as Kakashi. No need for any "Mr's" or "Sir's"."

He was strangely laid back. I liked it. I was already looking forward to being around someone who wasn't constantly gonna harp on my manner of speech everytime I open my mouth.

"If you come for a little walk with me, I can explain what exactly you can do for me and what I can do for you. Sound good to you?" He said as he gestured to follow him while he paced forward.

"Yes Kakashi. I'll be looking forward to your mentorship." I responded as I walked up to his side.

I felt the cold front of a hardcover book slide under my chin and push it to face upwards.

"If you keep looking down at your feet, you're gonna trip on something." He stated as he put the book away into a back pouch.

I was a little suprised, but I kept my head up while turning to look at him.

As I had seen before in his official shinobi photograph, he had a mask that covered most of his face, his eyes faced forward and were very relaxed and even lazy looking. His hair was unkempt and leaned to the left side of his head, held out of his face by his headband. For someone so well looked upon and powerful, I never would've expected this level of relaxed behaviour. I've had been pleasantly suprised. I grinned from ear to ear.

AN: Guyssss I'm so proud for whats to come of this new story of mine! I know it started off kinda cliche but I think I did a pretty good job on the rest. Thank you so much for sticking with me and I hope you have an awesome day!

Obviously, this story is written by me, so you should be able to find it on my page :)