Chapter 21, Flashback 13. So it begins

(A/N) Ok guys, I'm not gonna lie, I suck at writing fight scenes. But I'm gonna try my best to make this not sound terrible. You have been warned

~Kakashi POV~

I could hear trouble stirring from outside of the village, I knew who it was. Before (Y/N) was able to figure it out I left to deal with the 'issue'. Unfortunately, I ran into Naruto on the way. He kept bugging me and threatened to tell (Y/N) my motives. I responded by tieing him up to a tree in one of the training fields. I didn't want him interfering in such dangerous waters.

I made my way to the area of concern and found a spot to observe Orochimaru's actions. He and Kabuto were speaking, but I was unable to hear what they were saying. I came out from my hiding spot and went to their field of vision. They turned to face me, almost completely unsurprised.

"Hello, Kakashi, to be completely honest, I was expecting (Y/N) to appear where you stand. But it's no shocker to see you here." He said in his raspy voice.

I grabbed onto my headband and looked to the ground.

"Keep your vile tongue behind your teeth where it belongs," I responded.

I lifted my headband, allowing my Sharingan full visibility.

"You will not be battling (Y/N) today and hopefully never again," I announce menacingly.

~Third Person POV~

Kakashi slammed his hands into the ground. A huge wall of mud and dirt shot up from the ground separating him from Orochimaru and Kabuto.

"What do you hope to accomplish by doing that?" The man with snake-like features yelled to Kakashi.

While the two were distracted by the wall, Kabuto abruptly collapsed to the ground with a cry of agony. Revealing Kakashi standing behind him.

"I'm not here to combat Kabuto." Kakashi spat.

Orochimaru didn't seem to care much for his comrade's state. He smirked as if he were Lucifer himself. "I figured you'd pull something like that. It's alright, I'd prefer to fight you myself anyways." He sneered.

He opened his mouth seemingly breaking his jaw to allow snakes to slither out of his mouth with the goal of attacking Kakashi. In response, Kakashi immediately performed a cluster of hand signs ending in peaked index fingers. He huffed in a gulp of air and exhaled out through his fingers, resulting in a giant cloud of flames to burn the wave of snakes. He reached into his bag of tools and threw a handful of shuriken towards Orochimaru. Being a simple attack, Orochimaru dodged it easily. Suddenly, he noticed something bright in his peripheral vision. He snapped his head around to reveal a paper bomb right next to him. The bomb caused a powerful explosion. Kakashi waited for Orochimaru to emerge. A few seconds passed and there was no sign of Orochimaru's existence.

Kakashi could sense a presence behind him. He quickly turned to stop the snake charmer from stabbing him in the back of the neck. After a brief taijutsu battle, Orochimaru caught Kakashi off guard by kicking out his foot, making Kakashi trip and lose balance. Orochimaru took advantage of the moment and pinned him against a tree. Orochimaru pressed a cold kunai against Kakashi's neck, slowly adding pressure until blood began to spill through the fabric that covered Kakashi's neck and face. Kakashi kicked Orochimaru off of him and grabbed his open wound.

"Foolish Kakashi," Orochimaru muttered while grinning like a twisted murderer would.

His grin suddenly stopped as he coughed and blood began -to spill from his mouth. Kakashi widened his eyes in surprise. Orochimaru whipped around revealing various weapons sticking out and covering his back like a terrible, bloody birthmark. Both men looked up to see (Y/N) standing on a small bluff behind them. At a perfect angle to attack. Orochimaru laughed, but it quickly turned into a groan of pain. "I see you've decided to join the fight (Y/N)." He asserted, the blood in his mouth obviously making it difficult for him to speak.