Chapter 22, Flashback 14. It all comes together (Final flashback)

(A/N): This is the last flashback. Not the last chapter, I still have more of the story to finish 😆)

After dusting yourself off and turning to where Kabuto and Orochimaru are, you noticed that they had moved out of sight. You and Kakashi immediately shot each other a look.

~Third person POV~

Before they could say a word they were pelted with multiple weapons, making them fall to their presumed death. Fortunately, the spot where the weapons came from gave away the foe's cover.

As Kabuto gleamed down at the damage he created, there was an ear piercing, the high pitched sound that echoed in his hearing ear. Followed by the branch he stood on giving out and breaking off of the tree it grew from. He turned his head to see that Kakashi had knocked his standing pitch with Chidori. Kakashi gave him a look that determined that whatever was going to happen beyond this point, wasn't going to be in Kabuto's favor.

As Kabuto looked at Kakashi, he tried to escape from the falling heap of what used to be apart of a tree. He was struck in the back of the head by (Y/N), making him pass out. Once they were sure he was out cold, (Y/N) grabbed his hair and yanked him upward exposing a kunai to his vulnerable throat.

"Orochimaru. I'm not a fan of killing, and I'm sure you wouldn't be too heartbroken about his death, but I'm pretty certain that you would like to avoid losing someone with his remarkable abilities. So, let's make this a fair fight and reveal yourself." (Y/N) spoke loud enough for all the forest to hear.

A black form began to grow from the ground taking a human shape in the process. Take a guess who.

Once his colour had returned to normal, he grinned and narrowed his eyes.

"Although I'm glad to see you have a decent skill in locating your enemies, I'm also rather disappointed that Kabuto had the incapacity to properly keep hidden. Oh, no matter," he said waving his hand, "I wanted to go one on one with you anyways deary." Orochimaru spoke with a surprising amount of confidence in his tone.

"Who said I'd be going one on one with you?" (Y/N) responded.

He chuckled and placed a hand on his hip.

"Because your lover is going to have his hands full with my lowly servant," He said as he snapped his fingers.

Just then, Kabuto stopped his act of rest and retaliated towards (Y/N). Once he was loose from her grasp, (Y/N) instinctively kicked him away from her. Kabuto didn't seem interested in fighting back to her, but rather, began to focus on Kakashi; who was drawing near with weapons in hand. They began to fight and block each other while they strayed away from (Y/N) and Orochimaru.

(Y/N) turned to face her forked-tongue opponent. She cracked her knuckles while taking a deep breath.

"(Y/N)!" Kakashi called out.

(Y/N) turned her gaze but kept Orochimaru in her peripheral vision.

"Don't try to show off. Just keep him at bay, but don't let him see your full potential." He shouted quickly while trying to keep Kabuto from landing a hit.

Once she turned her eyes back to Orochimaru, he was sprinting at her and was less than a few feet from her. She clutched a paper bomb and threw it towards the fast-paced figure.

She jumped back as it exploded, but surprisingly, Orochimaru stood firm. His wounds had re-opened and he spat out a pool of blood. He looked up with a demented smile smeared on his face.

"I hope you're not expecting me to croak right here!" He shouted while laughing and grabbing his stomach.

(Y/N) was taken aback, normally he spoke with a disturbing amount of calmness in his voice. But, It seemed as if he was more speaking to himself than to her.