Prologue

-

That at the dawn of time man, beast and all magical beings lived together under Aden, The Father Tree. But man had been created with a hole in his heart, a hole which no possession, knowledge or power could fill. And in his infinite greed, man dreamt of expanding his dominion over the entire earth.

The blood of many an elf,siren, ogre and ogre was spilled in the war with man.

King balor, the one armed king of Elfland watched the slaughter in dread and despair.

But one day the master of the goblin black smiths offered to build the king a golden mechanical army. 70 times 70 soldiers, that would never know hunger, thirst or sleep and could not be stopped.

Prince Nuada, son of king balor, pleaded and begged that his father to agree.

"Build me this army!" The king said.

So a magical crown was forged that would allow those of Royal blood to command the Golden army if unchallenged.

"I am, King Balor, leader of the Golden army, is there anyone who disputes my right?" And in his throne room no one challenged his word.

And the next time the humans marched, they felt the earth tremble beneath their feet and saw the sky darken with monstrous shapes.

The Golden Army had no remorse or pain. Felt no loyally or pain as it killed the injured men, women and children.

King Balors heart grew heavy with regret.

So he called a truce and divided the crown into 3 pieces. One for the humans and two for himself.

In exchange man would keep to the cities and the magical beings would own the forest. This truce would be honoured by the sons of their sons until the end of time.

But prince Nuada did not believe in the promises of man and it is said he went into exile vowing to return when his people needed him the most

The princes twin sister, princess Nuala watched in sorrow as her linked twin left.

The Golden Army laid dormant and locked inside the earth, waiting.

And there it is to this day waiting the day the crown piece is made whole again.

Silent, still and indestructible