Part 10

THIRD POV (Ciarén)

Long and great silver walls were constructed into a castle. Faint lanterns gave faint light, casting shadows on edges and features.

Ciarén was thinking relentlessly as he walked through the gates ignoring the suspicious looks of the dark council guards who were shrouded in black Armour as they bowed. Bows were given to Ciarén as he passed.

Ciarén knew the death of some were coming close and he was to bring the soul and shadow of death upon these people. He could not bear the carriage.

Elves with Evil eye alike to Ciaréns watched the anxious looking dark elf rush down the lighted halls with long and fast paced strides.

A huge wooden door carved in many languages and designs stood before him. Two guards at each end. They both bowed gracefully at the Dark Elf prince.

Ciarén ignored the courtesy of his people. He hated when his status as a prince affected the behaviour of others towards him. Normally this courtesy is out of respect but these people are breaking the laws by showing him the respect of a prince. A prince he did not feel like. He was the son of Legduil, brother of king Balor. Ciaréns father Legduil had been consumed by jealousy when his brother Balor had take the throne. He created his own kingdom and rules and many had followed the royal 'king', those who disagreed with king Balors decisions with the humans. Nuada did not know of his uncle or his cousins, Legduil had left the kingdom millenniums before they were born.

Ciarén ignored the bows of the guard feeling slight guilt tugging at him and watched nervously as the doors opened revealing a gold carved surfaced room. The light hit the rich gold and silver reflecting it gently. It seemed a kingdom of light more then dark.

Ciaréns eyes hardened when it revealed his father, Legduil who was sat on a throne made purely out of gold and pink, sapphire and emerald diamonds. Personally Ciarén thought his father is too selfish, legduil hated the humans perhaps more then the silver lance prince yet his selfishness was the likes of the humans.

King Legduil had pure white hair that ascended inches and his eyes that were permanent and un-saveable. Millenniums of darkness had consumed his heart to full. His red orbs glowed, dark crimson tinting the iris.

A dark dripped smirk carved the pale Kings face.

"My son, I hope that all is done." The king stated clearly, his voice hitting the walls of the room harshly. His voice made the many guards and the dark council who sat at the corner near the king writher and flinch internally.

Ciarén stood quiet, shoulder broad chest high but lips concealed tightly. Red eyes which were now toned with invisible gold was raging in confusion. The king noticed the behaviour change.

"Say your thoughts, boy!" The king demanded annoyed and suspicious.
Ciarén took a breath in deeply, calming
His raged soul with the scent of the earth and wood.

"Ada, it is not my want to kill silver-lance my cousin and the human girl no more." Ciarén stated his voice strong and unwavered. Quiet gasps echoed through the room and anger boiled at the Kings heart.

Small mutters echoed through the tense silence. Ciarén met the eyes of his father and it seemed the red started raging like a scorching fire.

"Dare say what!"the king yelled his anger shaking the walls that wailed silently. Ciarén scowled knowing that his fathers reaction would be the likes of this.

"Darkness has consumed you Ada, you have dragged many others with you including me to your wretched kingdom that holds no love and peace but only hatred. This is no kingdom for the likes of Elves, it is not in our nature to be cruel!" The prince spat back but his voice still soft. The young prince expected the dark king to outburst and throw him to the dungeons feets below earth like he did every time he had defied his father but instead a sinister laughter chanted in the air confusing the crimson eyed elves in the room.