Part 8

Erina watched in fascination as different creatures of various sizes walked about, talking in different languages.

The place was enshrouded with lamps instead of daylight which caused some kind of faint shadow that surprisingly made it more homey.

"Child, the products you will looking for will be found at that far right corner." Ciarèn stated with a gentle smile that Erina could see faintly under his hood that was covering up half his face.

Erina nodded gratefully before taking a right. He noticed Ciarèn was still it on her heels. How was she supposed to get him off her heels?

Erina glanced backwards seeing Ciarèn staring at her while he walking. Okay.

Erina froze in her step thinking that Ciarèn might bump to her from her Sudden stop but what was Erina thinking. Elves were agile and fast thinking creatures so she wasn't surprised when she turned on her heels to find Ciarèn standing a few steps away with a flicker of confusion and his red eyes staring into her anxious tinted gold ones.

"You know child, am surprised no troll or creature in this market can smell your human....humanness." Ciarèn stated.

ERINAS POV

"Well, it might be that I smell like a sewer not steel anymore like that royal assness sai-" I cut myself off realising I just insulted a prince in front of a loyal friend of his.

"Don't tell him please" I said meekly making him chuckle. A delicate chuckle that belonged to Elves who are gifted with unimaginable beauty.

"That is fine but why the sudden stop?" Ciarèn questioned suspiciously. Letting his silky black robes flutter against his actions.

I took a silent breath in, glancing around noticing a big metal door at right of me and with the amount of big trolls surrounding that area I would be able to hide behind them to get through the metal door which I am sure is the door me and red went through on my last mission. I pushed back the feeling of missing something.

"Yeah, I-I think I forgot my money in the sew-....the princes chamber." I stated, trying to keep my voice strong knowing my voice got weaker and higher when I lied.

"I could pay." Ciarèn stated with a hint of something in his voice.

"No, no, I think I would rather want to pay myself, i don't like others paying for me, I appreciate the other thought Ciarèn, never mind let me just look at the shop, yeah?" I stated quickly before walking forward near the shop where the products I 'needed' were.

I glanced back suspiciously seeing Ciarèn turn around and walk towards where the sewer was. He was nice Elf, a angel compared to that cold hearted Nuada.

I smiled to myself and pretended to look at the feminine products and to say I was surprised would be a understatement.

These products were made of some kind of soft material that I did not know of. Since I was distracted I didn't notice the woman troll chanting at me. I jumped back.

"You gonna buy anything little Elf?" She asked in troll language I was stunned because

1. Am not an Elf.

2. How did I understand her talking in troll?

I shook my head frantically giving her a weak smile before jogging off.

Forgetting the ordeal I ran discreetly towards the metal door with my heart pounding like a bird in a cage against my ribs.

I couldn't help but glance every moment now and then. A emotion of relief took over as i came to the metal door.

I slouched slightly to make myself invisible through the trolls if Ciarèn had come back.

"Yes, our prince Nuada is doing right by waging a war against the humans, they stole our rightful lands and with the golden ar-" my eyes widened as I soaked in the information but I had accidentally butted my butt against a troll causing some attention.

"Sorry!" I smiled nervously.

I meekly pressed a button before watching at the metal door swirled open.

Temptation to squeal in happiness was great but I rejected the feeling for the moment. I started running out of the troll market pass the narrow dirty hall and pass the Happy cow meat place that was placed in front of the troll market to hide it.

I gleaned as I caught a typical yellow taxi, ignoring the crunching of the kinds drivers nose at the stench I was carrying.

"Where to?" The 40 year old questioned.

I tapped the address in the small gps placed in the middle.

"This place please!" I said frantically making him look at me weirdly before turning around.

I heard him mutter "teenagers" before he drove forward.

I sighed in relief, relaxing my head signature the glass window watching as small drizzle of rain started.

Then it dawned on me

I was free, but why do I feel my heart strings being pulled sorrowfully.

Ciarèn POV ( I know bitch I wasn't expecting it too)

I watched as the human child ran in the crowd towards the door and watched blankly as she escaped.

The fact that she was going to escape had been very clear with her suspicious behaviour and nervous twitches.

A amused smile tugged at the end of my black lips which surprised me. A surge of concern came through my feelings confusing me, but I could admit to myself only that I somehow wished for her to be safe.

I turned on my heels and returned to the sewer.

I untied the knot of my black cloak as I entered the sewers, I could feel the presence of the prince before I entered and I took a breath in, calculating how to state that the human girl had escaped.

Nuada was stood strong on two feet, his warrior aura blazing around him. His arms were crossed as a stern glare was ditched on his face.

"Where's the girl?!" Nuada demanded. Though the fact that he called Erina 'girl' instead of  'human' surprised me maybe I was not the only one that had a soft spot for the human girl.

With her fake facade of courage could amuse any warrior but they would give her some kind of respect for the action.

Her manner are not likeable but the fire in her eyes for the people she loves is something most respectable.

"My prince, the girl had escaped when she pleaded for me to grab her money that she had forgotten stating she did not want to me to pay for her, she escaped in those moments, I apologise for my naiveness." I stated before putting my head down as a sign of respect.

The fact that I am defending the girl and throwing myself into the fire for her seemed foreign and questionable to conscious.

I watched as sharp anger took over the princes face, fury burned in his Amber eyes causing it to darken.

Suddenly out of no where his lance appeared and expanded and I nearly flinched thinking he was aiming for me but instead he slashed the wall causing a deep curve in the strong walls of the sewer.

"That human has passed her limits!" He spat before latching his spear behind him.

He walked towards the exit before turning to me.

"Follow me, I will finish her painfully once I have strained her powers!" The hate stitched in his voice didn't make me doubt him.