See You Around: Myles

Inspired by Chris Brown's song "See You Around"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Edited 2/24/16

Myles' POV
A year and a half earlier
"I'm going to miss you y/n," I say hugging her.
"I'll be back soon and hopefully our relationship will be stronger," y/n responds. "I'm sorry it has to end this way."
Tears stream down her face. I wipe them away.
"I love you," I tell her.
"I love you, too, Myles."
We kiss one last time before she makes her way to the car and climbs in the backseat. She rolls down the window and waves at me as her family drives off. I wave back and stare at the car and the moving truck following it until they're out of sight.

Will I ever go on without her? She was my everything. My source of happiness: gone. When will I see her again? Whenever that is, I'll be waiting...

Present
I'm at home watching tv and contemplating. The doorbell rings breaking my thoughts. I get up and make my way towards the door. I open the door and there stands y/n. She looked more grown and gorgeous since the last time I saw her. I couldn't believe she was here.
"Y/N!" I exclaim.
"Myles!" she exclaims.
We embrace in a hug. I missed her so much. I didn't want to let her go. We stood there like that for a while.
"I can't believe you're actually here," I say letting her in.
"I can't believe you're still in the same house," she laughed.

She runs and jumps on the couch.
"Just like old times," she says.
"Definitely," I reply plopping down beside her head.
"What have you been doing with yourself lately?" Y/N asks.
"I've been making a lot of music and going on tour," I respond. "We just got back from a tour in Europe, actually."
"Lucky," she pouted. "I wish I could've gone."
"Maybe I could take you one day," I say smiling at her.
"That would be nice," she said smiling back.

We watch tv for a while, enjoying each other's company. Then those four words straight from the devil came out of y/n's mouth.
"We need to talk."
"About what?" I ask in a shaky voice.
"About us," she replies.
I look down and notice a ring on her left hand. I lift her hand up gently. My heart sank. I look up and see tears in y/n's eyes like the last time I saw her. I was holding back mine. I pull her into a hug. We didn't say a word. There was no need to.

"Are you mad at me?" she says quietly.
"No," I say pulling away slightly.
I wipe her face.
"I'm sorry I couldn't make us work," y/n sobs. "I was afraid I'd never see you again."
"I was, too," I assured her. "But I always knew you would come back. It was a matter of when you were gonna be back."
"Yeah."
"I wish we could work it out."
"Me too."

I held y/n's face in my hands.
"I love you, and I wanna see you happy. No matter who you're with."
"Thanks," y/n says with a small smile. "That means a lot, Myles."
She wipes my face. I didn't notice I was crying. We embrace in another hug.
"Can we still be friends?" Y/N asks.
"Of course," I respond happily.