I'm Yours: Myles

Inspired by Alessia Cara's song "I'm Yours"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Your POV
"Al...most...got it!" you exclaim in triumph when you got your favorite cereal off the top shelf.
"Bravo," your friend says clapping.
"Man, I hate being short," you mutter.
"You could've asked me but you wanted to be independent," y/f/n mimicked you towards the end of her statement.
"Well I am an independent woman," you say putting the cereal in the basket.

Just then, a guy runs into you and knocks you down from behind.
"Oh my gosh," he says. "I'm so sorry!"
"It's okay," you reply as he helps you up. You make eye contact with him and he stares at you intently.
"Do I have something on my face?" you ask him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"
"No particular reason," he replies. "You're just really pretty. Beautiful, in fact."
"Okay," you say sounding unsure. "Thank you."
"What's your name?"
"Y/N?"
"Pretty name for a pretty girl."
"Are you hitting on me?" you asks sounding offended.
"No. I'm just trying to be friendly."
"This is weird way of being 'friendly.'"
"Oh my gosh, y/n!" Y/F/N scolds. She turns to the guy. "Sorry about that. What's your name?"
"Myles," he responds.
"It was nice meeting you, Myles," y/f/n says and snaps her head in your direction.
"It was nice meeting you, too," he says grinning. "I'll see you around."
He walks off and you had butterflies in your stomach. You pinch yourself.
Bad y/n! You don't fall in love. You can't fall in love. All these guys do is use you. Don't fall for it.

"Y/N!" Y/F/N says snapping you out of your thoughts. "We gotta go or we'll be late for the show!"
"Right!" you say and you guys run to the check out.

That evening...
You and y/f/n get ready for the performances taking place at a local hangout (outfits below. via Google)

It took fifteen minutes to get there

It took fifteen minutes to get there. You (right outfit) and y/f/n (left outfit) got out the car and walk into the building. You greet your other friends and gather around the stage.
"The next performers are coming up!" one of your other friends squeal.
"Performers?" you question.
"Alright everyone!" the announcer shouts into the mic. "Give it up for Kalin and Myles!!!"
Huh. Why do I hear so many guys named Myles lately?

The guys come out onto the stage. One of them looked oddly familiar and had a guitar in their hands.
"Oh my gosh!" Y/F/N squeals. "It's the Myles guy we met earlier!"
"What?!" you say in shock.
"Alright you guys," the other guy you were assuming was Kalin began,"this first song we're gonna be performing is called 'On Mine Too.'"

Myles starts strumming his guitar and you roll your eyes. Kalin starts singing.

Baby tell me what's it gonna be

Girl I want you tell me do you want me

Let me know if I'm on you mind

Cause you're on mine too

Everyone began swaying to the music. You just stood there with your arms crossed. Y/F/N puts her arm around you and forces you to sway to the music. Myles begins rapping.

So baby tell me what's good I see you rocking that

Don't stop that bring that thing right back

I know you see me girl quit teasing

You know I wanna see if you got the same feelings

You felt his eyes burning through your soul. He looked at you during the entire show. He didn't let you out of his sight for a moment. After the show, you and y/f/n were standing at the bar getting drinks.
"I'll have a Sprite," you say to the bartender.
"I'll have some champagne," y/f/n says.
"So I'm stuck being designated driver?" you ask.
"Maybe," y/f/n responds smirking.
"Oh my gosh," you say face palming.

As you were about to hand the bartender the money, someone interjects.
"This one is on me," a person says behind you.
You turn around and see Myles standing there. He pays for your drink and you just stare at him.
"What?" he questions.
"Oh nothing nothing," you reply looking down.
You felt heat radiate off your face. Myles lifts your head up.
"Don't put your head down," he says. "You never do that. You have a great future ahead of you. I can see it."
"Are you some sort of fortune teller?" you say laughing a bit.
"No," Myles replies laughing with you. "It's just a feeling."
"You know," you begin. "I've never met any guy as sweet as you."
"Well by the way you were acting earlier you made it seem like I was a threat," Myles said.
"Yeah I'm sorry about that," you say.
"It's fine," Myles responds smiling.
"It's just-" you begin and your voice trails off.
"It's just what?"
"It's just...well...I'm not used to any guy actually being themselves to me. It's hard to find any guy like that anymore."
"I bet it is," Myles says. "Let me guess: all of your past boyfriends have been douchebags."
"More or less," you reply and you and Myles start laughing.
"That was a great performance by the way," you compliment Myles.
"Thanks," he says.

You hear laughter behind you. You turn around and see your friend chatting with the Kalin guy. You shake your head and smile.
"You have nice smile," Myles comments.
"Thanks," you reply. You look at the time. "I better get going. It's getting late and my friend has probably had too many drinks by now."
"Okay," Myles says laughing. "Can I have your number?"
"That's a stretch but okay," you reply. You trade numbers and say bye to him.
"Cmon y/f/n," you say tugging her shirt.
"Aww," she pouts.
You guys begin walking towards the exit.
"Text me!" Y/F/N calls out to Kalin.

You shake your head and put y/f/n in the back seat. On the way back to the house, you couldn't stop thinking about Myles. It made you mad but happy at the same time.
Maybe I should give this guy a chance. He's not all bad. He's actually kinda cute. No. He was gorgeous. Y/N stop daydreaming and pay attention to the road.

This was the start of something new and beautiful...

Edited 6/20/16