Chapter Three- Interrogations and Interruptions

Although Kimmy and I meet up every weekend, she looked really different. "Kayleeeee!" she squealed as she got in the passenger seat.

"What's up?" I asked her. "There's a mega sale on everything, let's go already!" she gestured to the steering wheel. I nodded and we got to the shopping centre in half the time we normally would have. I still couldn't find out what it was that was so different about her, but I put it to the back of my mind.

Sixteen shops later, we needed a break, so we decided to have lunch. As we sat in the crowded cafe, Kimmy stared at me intently. "So what's new with you?" she asked. I just drank some of my milkshake and avoided her gaze in response. She raised her eyebrow and smiled.

"C'mon Kay, talk to me" she said, trying to get me to confess something. I sighed. "Maybe I just need to stop waiting around for moments with Connor. I mean, it was three years ago, and I just don't think there's anything there anymore, Kim." She shot me a sympathetic look.

"Aw Kay, i'm sorry. BUT" she began with a heightened tone of happiness. "At the last party we all went to, Tristan's friend was staring at you all night, maybe you should go for it" she said, handing her phone to me suggestively.

"Um..." I began, having no idea who she meant. "The brunette curly haired one, I forget the names" she finished for me. My eyes widened with surprise. "Brad?" I asked. "That's it! Yeah, Brad. I thought he was going to come talk to you at one point, but then you.. you know" she trailed off mid-sentence as if recalling a memory.

I did know, all too well. "Nice one Kaylee, you were finally going to get somewhere with someone and you puke all over the place" I said to myself, then shuddered remembering it, and felt really angry at myself.

After we literally shopped until we dropped, luckily we made it to the car in time, I returned home late in the night. I glanced at the clock on the dashboard, and saw it was 11:30pm. A wave of relief washed over me when I realised Tristan and the boys were recording and mum was working through the night.

I entered the empty house and headed straight for my bedroom. I dropped the shopping bags on the floor and crawled under the covers. That was before I realised I had to take my makeup off. I strolled into the bathroom and grabbed a makeup wipe. I had to move about 13 tubs and cans of Tristan's stuff to get to them but I didn't care. I just wanted to get to bed.

As I was heading back to my bedroom, I bumped into Brad. "Why are you here? You scared the hell out of me!" I said with a little more anger than I actually felt. "Whoa, Kaylee, I'm really sorry.." he said, bewildered.

"Oh no, i'm sorry Brad, i'm just really tired, it's been a long day" I said with a huge feeling of regret building inside me. "Um.. want to talk about it?" he asked. "It's nothing, it's just a long shopping trip with Kimmy really takes it out of you" I said with a weak laugh.

"Oh, well it's been tough for us too, we've had neverending recording sessions and yeah it's just really exhausting" I put my hand on his shoulder. "You poor future famous boy" I said sarcastically. He gave me a dazzling smile. "Why are you here alone anyway?" I asked him.

"I said i'd take care of getting the supplies, so they don't have to" he told me with a laugh. "Oh I see" I replied. "From our house, of course" I muttered, but he heard. He smiled in response, though.

"Um Kay, can I ask you something?" he asked inquisitively. "Of course Bradley 'i'm gonna be famous' Simpson, go ahead" I said trying to put a comedic spin on this incredibly awkward conversation (for me, anyway). "Well, I was wondering-" he was interrupted by the other three boys strolling in the house making a huge amount of noise.

"I'm going to go, before they force me to make midnight snacks" I laughed. He nodded, and waved goodnight. I walked into my bedroom, shut the door, and cursed Tristan under my breath, it's always his idea to come home early, so I knew he was to blame. I once again crawled under the covers, and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.