Chapter Eighteen - Perfection is within reach.. maybe

When the morning sun shone into my room, I was on the warpath. Everyone had - shockingly - gone home for today, and we were all meeting up again tonight. So, it was easier to find my brother. "Tristan?" I called as I walked into every room. I eventually found him in the studio.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" He asked. I looked at the ground and nodded slowly. He put down the equipment he was using and followed me outside. We walked to the living room and sat next to each other. I started the conversation. "So let me get this straight" he nodded. "Whilst I was bedridden for a month, you and my best friend of the time were having the 'good times'?" I finished- for now. I waited for his response, but he only offered another nod. I shook my head processing it all. "It's over, right?" I asked. "Yes of course it is! What kind of person do you think I am?" he replied. "Do you really want me to answer that right now" I said with a stern tone and expression. 

"Alright.. But just know that I would never, ever do anything to hurt Cat" he said, looking at the ground. "How about hurting Brad? Your bandmate and supposedly 'best' friend?" I questioned him. "There's nothing there between Haley and me anymore, Kay" he answered softly. "Then why act like you hate each other's guts?" I asked. "It didn't end on great terms, but i'll try, for everyone else's sake" he answered. I playfully poked him. "Thankyou" I said to him with a smile. He reached over and hugged me. 

"You're actually an okay older brother, Tris" I said to him. "Thanks, Kay. You're not that bad of a little sister either" he replied with a smirk. After I had the bonding moment with my brother, the first of the group arrived.

"Oh look, you're here" I said sarcastically and acted surprised as I opened the door. Kimmy beamed at me, then reality came into effect. "How do your parents agree to you being here all the time?" I questioned.

She still beamed, and replied "I told them you invited me to stay with you for the week. I nodded in understanding, and Kimmy came in. Closely followed by James, who winked at me when he came in. "Looking lovely tonight miss Evans" he stated as he walked past me.

"She looks lovely all the time!" Kimmy jokingly shouted from the living room. "I stand corrected" James said with a laugh. I was about to sit down with them when there was another knock.

This time, though, Tristan answered the door. A minute later, in came Cat, Connor, Brad and Haley. I nodded and waved to them all as they came into the living room, and everyone sat down. "What do you guys want to do tonight?" Kimmy asked.

Everyone shrugged, before Brad suggested having a movie marathon. We all agreed, so Tristan and I went and collected all the dvd's we had, which took a while. We heard muffled conversation downstairs, but couldn't make any words out.

-- Downstairs --

"How's everyone doing?" James asked, to nobody in particular. "Greaaaattt!" Cat answered with a beaming smile. "Things with Tris going well?" Kimmy asked her. Cat nodded rapidly, then looked at Brad. "How about you curls?" she asked jokingly. He turned to look at Haley, smiled at her, then turned to Cat. "Pretty well, my friend" he replied. "Very well" Haley corrected him.

Brad put his arm around her. "Very well" he repeated. The conversation then turned to Connor. "How about you chuckles?" Brad asked with a laugh. Connor smiled, and replied "perfect".

"But you guys, you're like a practically married couple now!" he gestured to James and Kimmy. She went wide eyed, then shook it off and laughed. James laughed too. "Takes a lot to make this guy settle down!" he said, to be responded with the whole group in laughter.

-- Now, when me and my brother had returned --

We had collected enough dvd's to last us four months, and it was down to everyone else to pick which ones they wanted to watch. The boys all picked their favourite films, and said they didn't mind what else, so it was down to me and the girls. We thought this was the perfect opportunity to play a prank on them. We settled on picking all the musicals, just because it'd be amazing to see how they would respond. 

Whilst the boys argued over who watched their favourite film first, the girls and I arranged the rest of the films we chose into a random order at the side of the tv. It turned out they chose to go in alphabetical order, and for once they agreed on something. Halfway through the first film, Connor's phone vibrated in his pocket. Once he read it, he announced to the group we were all invited to a party tomorrow night. Everyone seemed up for it, and I started to mentally go through my wardrobe, I smiled as I thought of the perfect thing to wear. 

I whispered to Connor "Well aren't you mr popular" and he looked down at me. "Are you jealous?" He responded with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah totally" I said, then scooted a little further away from him. He smiled, and motioned for me to move back into his arms. When I didn't, he shuffled over to me, and I turned and whispered "movie crap" to him. He got the hint and moved back. I felt guilty then, and suddenly woozy to the head, so I fell back into his embrace. Everything got instantly better. 

"So this party" Tristan asked after the movie was over. "Do we need a date, or?" was the addition to the question. Connor laughed and raised his eyebrow at Cat. "Any excuse, this guy will take it" he said to his cousin. My brother pretended to be offended, and said "Kaylee, tell him!". I shook my head and said "Sorry bro! I'm actually with Con on this one". Tristan laughed and put his arm around Cat, and she snuggled into him. It was too cute not to smile. I noticed Brad and Haley snuggling together, which made my smile the biggest i'd ever known it to be. I don't think anyone noticed, which made it easier for me. 

"Living in a house of love" I whispered quiet enough so I thought nobody could hear, but Connor lifted my chin so I faced him. "House of love, huh? You're the cupid" he said softly into my ear and kissed me. The night was getting better, and everything felt right.

That was up until something fell out of Haley's pocket and ruined everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated again because it's a momentous occasion for the Vampettes, with the new original song/video being released, and i'm ridiculously proud so yeah enjoy! xo