Chapter Twenty Eight - Gifts and Mischief

As we stood in the doorway looking out on to the pier, it was deserted. And completely dressed up. They'd booked the whole place. "Where are all the people?" Cat whispered to me. "I'm almost scared to ask.." I whispered back to her. "So.. welcome to paradise!" the boys said as they walked past us. 

We looked at each other, and burst out into huge smiles. "How did you-" I began. "When did you-" Kimmy began. "Please tell us" Cat finished. The boys stood in front of us, massive grins on their faces. "That, my dears, is a secret we are not willing to tell" James said with a grin. I glared at Connor, and he shook his head. "The first time that won't work on me, Kay" he said with a laugh.

Kimmy nudged me, and I nodded. We then just went crazy, we ran off and went on all the rides, won tons of prizes and got tons of food (because yeah it's us) and then we had to sit down for a while. Before I relived the memory that made me cringe - puking all over the place. After we had recharged, we caught up with Cat, who was redfaced. "Whoa, what have you been doing?" I asked with a laugh. "I rode... each of the.. rides... about ten times.. each. Then.. I was chased.. by seagulls" she was breathless.

Kimmy and I cracked up laughing. "It's because you're so pwetty" Kimmy said in a mocking tone. "If I wasn't... feeling like a... zombie.. I would absolutely.. kill you" Cat told her with a smile. We took Cat under each arm and walked her over to a bench, so she could get her breath back, as she was nearly keeling over. "Where are the boys?" Kimmy asked, rapidly moving her head, looking around. "I haven't seen them since.. about ten minutes ago" Cat said, getting her breath back more by the second. "Weird. Why would they do this for us then just disappear?" Kimmy said to both of us, and I shrugged, Cat didn't have the strength yet. "We need to go look for them, i'm about to get worried" she said, back to normal. Kimmy and I nodded, and we began the search.

We looked everywhere, and there was no sign of the boys anywhere. "Maybe we should go back inside? Maybe they've gone to the car or something" I said, and they nodded. As we started back in the arcade, we ran into them, and I felt my body relax. "Where have you been? We were so worried!" Cat said a little too loudly. "Out and about, you know" Tristan replied. "No, we don't actually" she said, and he bought her into a hug. 

"Enough about that, you're here now" Kimmy said, and the boys nodded. "Wait. I have a question. If you did all this before we got here, how did you know i'd want to go to the pier?" Cat asked, confused. "Mind reading abilities. We're not just talented musicians you know" Connor replied with a wink. Cat looked at all three of them waiting for a realistic answer, but none were delivered.

Eventually she gave up and shrugged. "Are we allowed to spend some time alone now?" three of them asked simultaneously. For some reason everyone looked at me. "Um.. sure?" I responded, not sure why it was my decision to make. So, the couples separated. This was going too much like a movie, but I didn't actually care, this was perfect. The boys had obviously gone through so much trouble and effort to plan this, and the least I could do was not doubt and overthink it.

I was still feeling pretty sick from all the rides, and I just wanted a relaxing rest of the day here. I took Connor's hand and we walked to the end of the pier. The salty sea air was waving through my hair, and it felt amazing. He put his arm around me, and I snuggled into him. "I can't believe you guys went through all this trouble for us, and we can't do anything in return" I felt really guilty as I said this. "You girls are worth it, it's the least we could do after all you've done for us" he said, and I stepped away. "What have we done?" I asked, curious. "Made us the happiest we could possibly be" he replied, and I couldn't help but blush.

"Well, the same could be said for us. This is all perfect" I gestured to everything surrounding us. "Ooh wait I have something for you" he said, and I was really, really confused. Why has he got me something else? My guilt was going into overdrive. "Come sit down" he said, and I followed him to the nearby bench. He turned to face me, and I was once again hypnotized by his eyes. He retrieved the present, and my eyes widened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh, suspenseee! What do you think the present is? You know how I love my cliffhangers! 1.7k reads though, that's just insane for my writing, thankyouuuu!

Stay as lovely as you are xox