Chapter Thirty Six - Wedding Bells

--Four days later, Kimmy and James' big day--

The other girls stopped over at my house last night, so we could get Kimmy ready straight away. We got her up at 7am, so she could be wide awake well before the wedding.

I bought her breakfast, and she must have been starved, she ate it ridiculously quickly. "Aren't you saying your own vows today Kim?" Cat asked. Kimmy nodded. "Yeah, but I already have them, Kaylee helped me write them a few nights ago" she replied, and Cat nodded in understanding.

"So, what's the plan?" Priscilla asked her. "We've booked a hair and makeup artist that should be coming any minute, then we're going to a hotel, just to get changed and stuff because, yeah, we're not excellent time keepers" Kimmy informed her with a laugh. "Aint that the truth" I said as I took her plate into the kitchen.

A few minutes later the hair and makeup artist arrived. She did Kimmy's first, then mine, then Cat's, then Priscilla's. She had finished in under two hours. "Ready to go?" I asked them, and they nodded.

We took a steady drive to the posh hotel which James reluctantly told me the night before (he really didn't want Kimmy to know anything) and when we were checked in (into the biggest suite in the place, may I add) Kimmy flopped on the bed straight away.

"HAIR!" I screamed at her, and she bolted upright again. "Crap! Is it ruined?" she asked, panic all over her face. "No, no, you're fine, just don't attempt to mess it up again" I told her, and she nodded in agreement.

The wedding was to begin at midday, and a car was coming for us at 11. We quickly got changed, surprisingly not messing up our makeup (the dresses were all pull-ons so there was no fear of messing up our hair) which took us to 10:30. The next half hour was spent anticipating the rest of the day.

Soon enough the car turned up, and as Priscilla handed the keys back to the receptionist in the hotel, it just hit me how much of a big deal today was. My best friend was getting married. Married. She's no longer the immature girl I used to laugh and fantasise about relationships with other celebrities with. I suppose you could call the boys celebrities now, right?

As we piled into the car and it pulled away, my phone began to ring. "What's up James?" I asked, whispering just in case Kimmy overheard. "Morning Kay! Are you on your way to the venue yet?" he asked cheerfully. "Yeah, we've just pulled off, we'll be there soon, providing you haven't booked somewhere at the other end of the country" I told him. "No, we're not that stupid! You'll probably be arriving in about twenty minutes. When you get here, just take Kimmy up to the waiting suite. I'll send one of the others to come find you when it's time" he told me.

"Got it. Good luck for today, by the way, it can't be easy for your nerves" I replied, and he sighed. "You have no idea. Anyway, i'll see you all later. Bye!" his voice was really happy and joyful. "Bye, say hi to the others for me!" I said, then hung up.

The rest of the drive was really enjoyable, and it dawned on Kimmy what today actually was. She was freaking out the whole way there. When the driver announced we were there, I got out first and then carefully helped Kimmy out, her dress wasn't helping the situation.

I had to pull her out and the other two had to push her out. Eventually she toppled out, nearly falling over, and I had to balance myself, Kimmy and her huge dress. I managed, somehow.

As we walked to the reception, it must have been obvious who we were, as the receptionist showed us to the suite immediately. We were enjoying the complimentary food and drink, up until there was a knock on the door. It was apparently my responsibility to get it, as none of the others moved. I finished off the huge cookie I was tackling, and answered the door. "Come in, they're just finishing stuffing themselves silly" I said to Brad, who had come to fetch us.