Chapter Eight - The Morning After

It was the morning after the best night ever, and somehow the four of us ended up sprawling on the sofa in my living room. I woke up first, and headed into the kitchen. I wasn't hungry, but I was practically dying of thirst. As I held the steaming mug in my hands, I gazed out of the window overlooking the garden.

Tristan and Connor were out playing football, at 7 in the morning, which was weird enough. Weirder still, was the look Connor shot me. Tristan saw me and smiled, and mouthed the words 'how did it go' to which I put both of my thumbs up and mouthed 'great!'. He smiled again and focussed back on the game. Connor looked at me, and I couldn't figure out what his expression was. I didn't have long to think about it, as Brad appeared next to me and put his arm around my waist. I looked at him and smiled, then shot a glance back into the garden. Both Connor and Tristan were back focussing on the game.

"Morning" Brad said sleepily. "Morning" I replied with a yawn. He ruffled his brown curls and looked into the garden. "I'm gonna go play for a while, okay?" he said with a smile. I nodded and motioned for him to go. He kissed me on the cheek and ran into the garden. He joined two of his bandmates in playing football, and I wondered how the other was doing.

I turned around to face Kimmy and James, who were still a tangled mess on the sofa. I laughed to myself, then I heard movement from upstairs. Mum came downstairs and made herself some breakfast.

"Hi sweetheart, how did your big date go last night?" she asked with more enthusiasm than was needed.
"It was.. good. Special, to put it in simple terms. Close to perfect" I replied with a smile, remembering it. "Kaylee" she said, snapping me out of it. "Your dad would be so, so proud of you right now." She pulled me into a tight hug. I couldn't help a tear falling down my cheek as she let me go.

"I have to work all day today, and i'm visiting your auntie tomorrow for the day, will you and Tristan be alright?" I couldn't help but smile at my mother despite the tear.
"We'll be fine, mum. Don't you worry about me and Tris" I stated to her. She smiled then headed out the door. I thought about what she had said, and looked out of the window into the garden again. I looked at Connor, thinking about what he said that day, 3 years ago. Everything he did that day.

'No Kaylee, stop it, snap out of it!' My conscience came into effect, at just the right moment too, as all 3 boys came inside and picked me up above their heads. They kept chanting my name, and woke James and Kimmy.

They moaned and groaned as they got up, but their faces showed they weren't disgusted at waking up together. I turned around to look at the guys- who had just set me down- and they were all winking suggestively at James, who flicked them all off.

I laughed, and Kimmy separated her hair parting to look at me. She covered her mouth, and I laughed again. She then looked at James, smiled, then got up and ran upstairs. I followed her with one last look at the boys. They all looked back and smiled at me. Today was going to be a strange day.