Chapter Forty - New Years Finale (Last Chapter!)

-- A few months later, New Year's Eve --

We were preparing a little New Year's Eve party, just for the nine of us. Even Kayleigh was helping, she was now in the process of learning to walk, and she was toddling around everywhere.

I handed her a plate of little cakes, and she toddled into the living room and placed them on the table, and looked very happy with herself. I smiled as I continued preparing the meal. The girls were helping me, but they all went somewhere without me knowing. I heard laughs, so I turned around to face them, and I was then tackled to the ground by all four members of The Vamps.

"Guys! Get off me!" I yelled, but I was laughing hysterically. I looked up to see the three girls looking back down at me, nearly keeling over with laughter. "We'll take over Kaylee!" Brad told me, and I looked at him skeptically. "None of you can cook" I looked at them all as I said this. "Can too! We've been taking lessons!" Connor said as he pulled me up.

"You, The Vamps, have been taking cooking lessons" I repeated, not believing it at all. "Yes.. Is that so hard for you to believe?" Tristan ask. "Surprisingly yes, considering you can't make toast without setting off the fire alarm" I told him, but also aimed it at the rest of them. "Trust us, we'll make you girls the best meal you'll ever have in your lives!" James assured us. I turned to look at the other girls, and they shrugged.

"One chance. You get one chance. You mess this up, i'll personally kill you. I've been planning this for ages" I told them, and they all grinned and nodded.

The girls and I walked into the living room to find Kayleigh still playing with some of her Christmas presents. It made me smile to see her so happy.

I then looked down at one of my own Christmas presents, a golden locket with the engraving that always made me feel special. 'To the world, you may be one person. But to me, you are the world.' It was one of my favourite quotes, and Connor knew that. Come to think of it, what didn't he know? That could ruin my life if he ever used them against me.. Stop it, Kaylee.

Two hours later, we were summoned to the kitchen. We made the long trek of twenty steps, and took our places at the table. Soon enough, plates of delicious looking food were placed in front of us. I stared at the other three, and our mouths dropped open.

'Did you..' we mouthed to each other, and we all shook our heads. As the boys took their places next to us, we stared at them, and they all smiled a very proud smile. "Told you" they all said in sync.

The meal was surprisingly as they said, the best meal we'd ever have in our lives. "When did you take these cooking classes then?" Kimmy asked between mouthfuls. "Well, management thought it'd be cool if we took some cooking classes, strike up some partnership between the band and this other company. Frankly we're shocked you haven't checked our YouTube recently" James replied, and we looked at each other.

"Maybe we did?" Priscilla said unconvincingly. "We know you didn't" Brad replied. "Otherwise you'd all have something to say about it" Connor added. "You're all so weird, you know that though" Cat told the boys, and they all nodded smugly. "Take it as a compliment, it's fine" she added before laughing.

After the meal, I drove everyone to the site where I knew a community New Year's Eve party was taking place. We were all coming back and continuing celebrating afterwards, but I just couldn't drink, naturally. But i'm not one that needs alcohol to have fun. Apparently neither were any of the others.

When we arrived, the town square was absolutely packed. "There's no way we can get a good view from here!" Priscilla complained. "Maybe we can, follow us" the boys all said in sync (it was actually getting creepy now) and began walking towards a tough-looking security guard.