Chapter Ten - Complications arise

The next two weeks were spent renovating dad's office into a state of the art recording studio for the boys,as they'd lost a lot of time travelling miles and miles in the past. This way, they could all get there almost immediately, and I could give my opinion before they post the video (Just because I can being Tristan's sister) but I never had any criticism.

As Kimmy and I sat in the back of the room watching the boys rehearse, I think it finally dawned on her how much of a big deal dating James is. She finally admitted it to me, and I was just so, so happy for her. They began to spend more and more time together, but they still made time for the rest of us.

During one time they were spending the day together at the funfair (I didn't go, because well it's a romantic thing and I have no idea where I am in that respect) I went downtown on my own for nothing in particular, I just wanted a drive alone to clear my head. As I went strolling aimlessly from shop to shop I came across the sound of a guitar strumming a distance away. I walked over to it and the other three members of The Vamps were playing live, and meeting fans. I smiled as I saw my brother get swarmed by girls, he really deserved it. And Brad and Connor looked like they were loving every minute too, but not in the same way as Tristan, at all.

Brad was having the most photos took of him, and Connor was busy chatting with a group of about thirteen fans. I noticed Connor's guitar case was full of money, with no room left to spare. Tristan noticed me, and waved me over. All the fans turned around and went wide eyed, then started swarming me too as I made my way to the boys. "That's Tristan's sister!" I heard some say. "It's Kaylee!" I heard others say.

Eventually the boys played another song, and I hopelessly stood there, having no idea what to do. During the chorus of Little Things, one of my favourite songs, I began to sing quietly. I'd only sang three times before, and I had no confidence. But somehow I did, standing up here with three of The Vamps.

I didn't think anyone noticed, but then Tristan elbowed me and nodded, encouraging me to go on. I did, then Connor noticed on the other side. He poked his head around and nodded. He mouthed the words "Go on Kaylee" then turned back to the crowd that was getting bigger with every second. Lastly Brad slightly turned his head towards me and his eyes widened. He handed the microphone to me, and I gave it back to him and began to run. Run so very fast.

When I got home, I went straight to bed, even though it was only 7 in the evening. The next morning- well early morning as it was 2:30- I went downstairs and turned on the tv. I watched the last ever episode of Friends. After watching the final scene over twenty times (A/N: This is actually true for me, except well it's more than that) you learn to quote everything. As I watched the credits for the final time, I heard the stairs creak and suddenly Connor was next to me.

"I didn't expect to have competition for the tv at 2:30 in the morning.." I began, but he stopped me with a smile. "It's like the end of an era" he said with a sigh. "It really is" I replied, it always got me when I watched the final episode. No matter how many times I watched it I always teared up by the end of it (where they leave the apartment for the final time).

"Aw KayKay, come here" he said softly, and pulled me into a hug. He let go of me around three minutes later, and I got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Want anything?" I called as quietly as I could. "Um.. I'll come help you" he replied and walked over to me. As I got the Nutella out of the cupboard (my guilty pleasure!) and spread it on some bread, I turned to face him. Suddenly he was right there, in front of me. Centimetres apart.
Me being me, I freaked out, and dropped the Nutella bread all over his shirt. "Oh sh- I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, horror rising in my voice. Way to screw things up, Kaylee.

"It's fine!" he replied, still looking at me, studying my expression.

"It's not, it's going to stain, we need to get it out before it sets" I stated, not knowing why I turned the conversation to washing clothes. "I'll take care of it at home, Kay. Don't worry about it" he said with a smile.

"If you say so" I muttered and headed back to the sofa with a new slice of bread and Nutella. He followed soon enough, and I had no idea what to say. Surprisingly it was Connor that broke the silence with the thing I least expected.

"Did you actually want to go on that date with Brad?" he asked, his eyes sparkling and his stare fixed on my eyes. I felt my eyes start to water (I always fail at staring contests) and had to look away. "I knew it" he said, and started to look through the channels on the tv.

"Well when you say yes to someone that asks you on a date it normally means you're up for it, yeah" I said with emphasis on the word 'yes'. I was finally getting over him and I was liking it. Up until he reached over and grabbed my hand, and all those feelings from three years ago came rushing back.

"I know you, Kay. I've known you as long as i've known Tristan, and you think I don't know when you're lying?" I looked down at my feet and suddenly hated these distinguishing habits I have when i'm lying.

By the time I looked back up he had switched the tv back off, and was sitting directly in front of me. He leaned over and took both my hands in his. Then he kissed me, for several minutes. When I finally pulled away for some unknown reason, my mind took a trip trying to process it all. He sat back and smiled, before finally going to the kitchen, getting a drink and going back upstairs.

I was still sat there in a daze, not knowing what was going on. Not even when Kimmy turned up on my doorstep at 10 in the morning, and immediately knew something was wrong. "What's happened?" she asked me a thousand times.

"I- I don't even know anymore Kimmy.." I said and genuinely meant everything.