Chapter Thirty Four - Heart of Gold

"Where are we off to?" Kimmy asked as I slammed the door. "Anywhere but here." I replied and drove home. Sure enough, he came ten minutes later, constantly knocking on the door, shouting my name. But I was completely done with him. "I poured my heart out to him Kimmy, and he's just gone and done this" I cried, through my thousands of sobs per second, as I laid my head in Kimmy's lap. She stroked my hair, and attempted to calm me down. "I know sweetie, he's a jerk. And if it helps, i'll do everything in my power to keep the two of you apart" she said in a soothing voice. 

"It doesn't help. I can't avoid him never mind how much I try, think about it" I sobbed. She obviously knew it, as she didn't say anything for a few minutes. When I looked up at her, she was looking outside of my room. There stood my brother, looking really confused. Kimmy quickly informed him of everything, and he stormed outside, to where I assume Connor was still knocking on the door. "How did we not know he was in?" Kimmy asked herself. "He must have been kicked out from Cat and Kayleigh's side" I mumbled. 

Fifteen minutes later, Tristan returned, and sat at the opposite end of my bed. It was his turn to try and comfort me, I guess. "Kay, i'll go get some new clothes, then i'll stay the night okay" Kimmy said softly, and I nodded, my face still in my hands. Kimmy left through the back exit, and then Tristan began speaking. "Kaylee, I know how hard this must be for you, your first heartbreak and everything, but it's not the end of the world" he started. "Tris, I love you and everything, but you're not helping. I'm never going to be able to get over this. He's everywhere I go. In your band, he's Kayleigh's uncle, everything like that. It's inevitable" I told him, and he thought about it for a while. "I need to talk to him, i'll be back soon okay" he said, then left. I then flopped head first into my pillow and began sobbing again. 

After what seemed like years I lifted my head up and reached for my phone, which was on silent, resting on my bedside table. As soon as I unlocked it, I wasn't shocked to find 50 texts, 38 missed calls, and 14 voicemails. I threw my phone back down and went back to my sorry position. I trailed downstairs, and was relieved to find silence. "Thankyou big brother" I said to myself as I grabbed some random items of food and went back upstairs. A half hour later my bedroom door opened, and Kimmy walked in with her arms full of a collection of stuff. "Everything you need for a breakup, trust me, i've had loads" she said in an attempt of comfort. 

She bought out a huge bar of chocolate, and some ice cream. "Kimmy..." I began to say, but she shook her head. "Nope, this stuff works. Now eat." she demanded, and I reluctantly did. I didn't feel any better afterwards, but it made Kimmy feel better knowing I was trying. "I have something to lighten the mood!" she chimed up, shocking me, and causing me to roll off the bed. "What is it?" I asked, rubbing my head. I caught sight of the finger where the ring used to be, and saw the indentation of where it was. I felt tears brimming again, so I sat on my hand before I started. 

"James and I set a date" she informed me, and I perked up suddenly. My love life was effectively dead, but Kimmy and James' sure wasn't. "When when when?" I asked her, determined to get an answer. "Next week..." she said, her voice trailing off. "N-Next week?" I repeated. She nodded, then I groaned in realisation. "I'm going to have to walk down the aisle with Connor aren't I" she looked over at me, and slowly nodded. "Please Kay, for me? It's the biggest day of my life, I know it's hard for you, but please try to get through it?" she pleaded. For you, my dear Kimmy, I shall try" I said with a bow. She attacked me with a hug, and the rest of the night was spent making rough ideas for the wedding decor.

The next day, Cat and Kayleigh came to stay over. "I haven't been home in absolutely ages" Cat realised, and looked a little regretful. "I'll look after Kayleigh, you go home for the day Cat, we'll be fine" I offered, and she immediately accepted. "We'll take a little trip into town" I told her, and her expression dropped, she wasn't happy about the idea. "She's only a few days old, Kaylee" she reminded me. "We have one of those things so she'll be attached to me. She'll be 100% safe all the time. Look, i'll show you" I grabbed it from the pile of baby gifts and securely attached it to my chest.