Chapter Twenty One - Guilt Trip

Chapter dedicated to one of the nicest people on here, go check out her fanfic, she's an amazing writer!

On with the chapter then...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I arrived downstairs, everyone was still swarming Tristan and Haley. I spotted her, and she smiled at me. I kept walking to the kitchen. Connor ran after me. I was about to smash a plate when he took it away from me. "Not the time for you to come rescue me okay?" I shouted quietly at him, not trying to draw attention to myself. 

"It's always the time for me to come rescue you" he said, and pinned my arms behind my back. "Connor get off me!" I shouted, not holding back the volume this time. Everyone turned and stared at us. "You need to calm down Kaylee!" he shouted. I turned around and walked over to Haley, which was awkward as my arms were still pinned behind my back. "You! YOU did this!" I screamed at her, and everyone backed away from us, except Connor who seemed to refuse to leave.

"What did I do?" she asked calmly. "You know what you did, Haley." Connor said from behind me. "I actually don't" she replied. "I overheard you, you meddling little BI-" I was cut off by my arms being tugged. "Perfect reputation" Connor whispered the reminder in my ear. "Guys what's going on here?" Tristan asked, stepping forward. "You need to tell him. NOW" I shouted at Haley, I could tell I was close to collapsing. 

"Kaylee I think you need to calm down" Haley said and glared at Connor. "Take her outside for some air" she practically ordered him. "No. Tris needs to know. Tell him or we will" he replied. Haley's eyes widened and a hint of anger took over her expression, but it disappeared a second later. "I have no idea what you're both talking about, you're both insane!" she said, staring at both of us in turn. 

Then surprisingly, James and Brad jumped up. "Whoa. Kaylee and Connor are not insane, as much as they might act it sometimes" Brad started. "They're the most honest people I know, and if they say there's something we need to know, then there's something we need to know." James finished for him. I turned and thanked them with my expression, and I assume Connor did the same. "Tell us what we need to know, you two" Brad said. Connor unpinned my arms and I walked over to Tristan. I passed him my phone and he pressed play.

The room was silent as everyone listened to the conversation I recorded. By the end, everyone was staring at Haley and they were as mad as I was. Tristan was absolutely fuming. He threw my phone at me, and grabbed Haley. He literally threw her out of the house and slammed the door as hard as he could. When he came back in, I could tell he was shaking with anger. "Tris, go upstairs and relax for a while" I said softly. He nodded, and calmly walked upstairs. He slammed the door though.

He never got mad around me if he could help it, and right now I appreciated that. As soon as we heard the door close, I burst into tears. "What's the matter Kay?" Kimmy asked from beside me. "It's all my fault" I said through sobs. "What is?" Brad asked from in front of me. I looked up to see everyone crowded around me. "I brought her here, for you. And all this time she was trying to make money off of us" I was now hysterical. Kimmy had her arm around me, and was rocking me from side to side. "For me?" Brad asked. I nodded. 

"I thought she was perfect for you, and I thought you might hate me a little less if you could be happy" I answered him. "Kaylee." He said sternly. I lifted my head again to look at him. "I will never ever hate you. You're too special to me" he said. "Dude" Connor said to him, not showing any agitation in his tone. "Not like that, you idiot" Brad replied to him, and Connor nodded. "Kaylee, I appreciate your help but i'll find love at my own pace" Brad said softly. I leaned forward and hugged him.

"C'mon Kay, it's not your fault! How could you know she'd turned into a proper bi-" James started. "James" Kimmy stopped him, and he squeezed her hand. "I should have, it's just that I tried to make everyone happy and it's just backfired" my head fell back in my lap and I started crying hysterically again. 

Despite everyone's best efforts, I wasn't going to be happy again until Tristan was okay. I felt responsible for him in this state, and there was nothing I could do to help him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next chapter was in high demand so here you go:)