Chapter Thirty Eight - Interviews and Playgroup

The next morning, I woke up with a feeling of optimism yet again. I rolled over to get out, and squealed quietly. "What's wrong?" Connor asked in a concerned yet incredibly sleepy voice, bolting upright beside me. "When did you get there?" I asked, peeling his arm from around my waist. "Oh, earlier you were stirring in your sleep and looked restless, like you were having a bad dream, so I thought i'd come keep you company, calm you down. If it helps, you didn't do it again" he replied with a smile.

"Hm, any excuse, creep" I said with a laugh, and climbed over him to get out. "Like you didn't love it!" he joked as I walked into the bathroom to get changed. "Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night" I called as I closed the door behind me. I quickly got changed, then headed back out.

"Ready for breakfast?" he asked. "Always" I replied, and we walked down to the restaurant hand in hand. We were the second couple there, after Cat and Tristan, and baby Kayleigh who was in her high chair at the end of the table.

"Morning guys" Cat said cheerfully, and fed Kayleigh some food. "Morning! How was your night?" I asked. "Those mattresses are like clouds, I slept like a log" Tristan replied with a smile. "Me too!" Connor said happily, and my brother glared at him, then at me. "No, Tris. Get over it, it never happened" I told him with a sigh, and he looked relieved.

Ten minutes later, everyone else had arrived. Since breakfast was a self service buffet, we kept going back for more. Especially Kimmy and I. An hour later we were done, and we were hanging around the hotel. Since it was a five star hotel, there was plenty to do.

Kimmy, Priscilla and I decided to go to the spa, James, Brad and Connor decided to stay in the games/tv room, and Cat and Tristan were spending the day with Kayleigh before she went back to stay with Cat's family for the rest of the time we were here.

Five spa treatments later, I was so, so happy Kimmy got married, and we were at this hotel! That wasn't selfish, right? I don't think so, because she said the same thing. Our skin was practically glowing by the time we met up with the boys. "We take it you had a good day?" Brad asked with a laugh. "What gave it away?" Priscilla answered as she sat beside him. "The fact that none of you have stopped smiling since you came in is kind of a giveaway" Connor told us, and smiled hiself.

The rest of the little holiday we had at the hotel was amazing, and relaxing to say the least. It was fairly repetitive, but none of us really cared.

-- Back home, after the mini holiday was over --

Kimmy and James were now on their honeymoon for the next week, and Kimmy had no idea where they were going, which I personally found hilarious. So, it was just the other six of us lounging around the house now. Oh, and Kayleigh, of course. I was bouncing Kayleigh up and down on my knee, and she was giggling away.

"Oh, Kaylee, I need to ask you something" Cat said from the other side of the room. "What's up?" I asked as I walked over to her, and she smiled. "Would you mind taking Kayleigh to her playgroup this afternoon? I have a job interview" she asked. I nodded, then it hit me. "Can't Tris take her?" she looked at me like I was stupid. "Are you serious? Kaylee he can't even look after a pencil without losing it about six times. I'm not trusting him alone with Kayleigh, he'd probably come back with the wrong baby!" she told me, and I laughed.

I looked over to my brother, and he was being his usual self. I turned back around to Cat, and nodded. "I get you. Don't worry i'll take her no problem" I informed her, and she hugged me.

"You know the place right?" she asked. I nodded again. She then took Kayleigh from me and put her down for her morning nap. I sat back down and a few ideas were thrown around about what to do for the rest of the day.