Chapter Thirty Five - Shippers and Planners

Before I even realised it I was sitting next to him again, still staring. I then, out of the corner of my eye, caught a glimpse of something shiny and gold. I looked at it, and then when it came into focus (which took a while, due to being incredibly puffy eyed) I looked back at him. "You kept it?" I asked, and he nodded. I lifted up his wrist, and the shiny object was dangling from one of his many, many bracelets.

A lot of them matched the ones I had on, we both got more and more everyday. "Of course I did, in case you deemed me good enough to wait for again. Which I realise is a long shot now.." his voice trailed off, and I wasn't sure why. Okay Kaylee, think of everyone else here. Think of the best thing to do. "Maybe it's closer than you think" I told him, and he looked genuinely shocked. He disattached the ring from the bracelet and held it in his fingers. "May I?" he asked, holding it out to me. I thought about it for a while. 

"I don't know yet, Connor" I told him, and he nodded. "I understand" he said, putting his head in his hands once again."I'd better go, Kimmy will be wondering what's taking me so long" I said, as I got up to leave. As I reached the door, his voice echoed through my ears. "Kaylee.. I still love you, and only you. I know it's a strong word, but it's really appropriate for.. this". I stopped in my tracks. Half of me wanted to say every single one of those words back to him, but the logical side took charge. "I'm getting there. Just promise me you'll do what we said" I replied, and he looked up at me and nodded. It broke my heart, his expression, when I didn't say it back, but I couldn't, yet. 

When I returned back home, Kimmy had Kayleigh in her arms. "How'd it go?" Kimmy asked. "I understand now. I understand" I repeated as I sat next to her. No matter how much Kimmy tried to get more information out of me, I wasn't sure there was any more information I could actually give her at this moment.

-- Three days later --

The story was blasting all over the local news channels and newspapers. One news channel took it all too literally.

"The Vamps bassist Connor Ball has been secretly rendezvousing with an old flame to apparently 'protect' his new girlfriend, bandmate Tristan Evans' younger sister Kaylee. Has Connor got a big decision to make, or is Kaylee going back on the market?"

As Cat, Kimmy, Priscilla and I watched the story on the news, we all threw popcorn at the tv. I was pulled into a group hug, and they all assured me it was all pure lies. I kept switching from channel to channel, and every local news channel was blowing up about it. Ever since Elena was admitted into rehab - not prison - the press got hold of the story and won't let it go. I checked online, and Vampettes were absolutely hating me. Except for a select group, who actually understood what really happened. Halfway through watching the third channel's take on the story, the other three boys battled their way through the ever growing crowd of paparazzi outside the house, and they were exhausted.

"The band's really popular then guys?" Priscilla asked, as they sat down opposite us. "Seems that way" James replied. "I have to fight people to get into my own house, that's ridiculous" Tristan said, breathless. I collapsed back into Kimmy's lap. "Where's Connor anyway?" Cat asked. "He's coming soon, he wouldn't tell us where he is though" Brad told us. "Weird" Priscilla said, and everyone nodded. "Do you not know?" someone asked me. "Why would I?" I replied. "Are you still not together?" James asked. I shook my head. "But you're made for each other" Cat added, and everyone nodded. "I don't have time for this, guys" I told them, and they let it go, thankfully.

The three boys went to practise a new cover, whilst the four of us girls continued watching the news, even though the other three advised me against it. All of the news channels pretty much made me out to be the bad guy, and some even made it sound like I broke Connor and Elena up in the first place. That hurt pretty bad. I didn't even know she existed until a few days ago.. Eventually Connor arrived, and the first thing he did was join the boys in the studio.