Chapter Thirty One - Coaching and Helping

-- Six months and six Youtube covers later --

Cat's pregnancy was well and truly underway at 8 months. We took it in turns who sat with her at any one time. Today it ended up being mine and Connor's turn. "So Cat, what do you want to do today?" I asked her. "You guys go do whatever i'm just going to lay upstairs for today, have a relax day" she replied, and went upstairs.

That left some alone time. I broke the silence by asking what was on my mind. "Are you shocked that we've lasted this long?" I asked, and felt apprehensive of the answer. "Not at all, when it's meant to be, it's meant to be" he said with a shrug. "You mean that?" I asked, feeling very aware of the fact everyone around us was either engaged or parents to be. "Definitely. I know all of these things must be overwhelming, your brother and Cat, all the engagements and stuff, but just know that nothing has to happen until you're ready" he said, stroking my cheek. 

"I know. And I appreciate that. Don't you sometimes think that you want someone.. you know, normal? I mean this-" I gestured to myself - "is not normal." He pulled me into a long kiss. "Like I said, you're my future. If you like things the way they are, things stay the way they are. And besides.. normal is a challenge" he concluded, winking. We were then interrupted by Cat's yelling. "Kayleeeeeee! Connorrrrrr!" she yelled. 

"Yes Cat?" we asked simultaneously. "I think it's happening" she shouted down to us, followed by a scream. "Does she mean labour?" I asked Connor, panicking. He shrugged. "Uhh.. I'm not sure" he said, beginning to panic hiself. "I'll go check on her" I said, and he nodded. "Um, i'll text Tris" he said before I ran upstairs.

I found Cat curled up in a ball, heavily breathing. "Kaylee, I think i'm having a baby" she said simply. "Right. Okay. Come on, off to the hospital we go." I said to her whilst helping her out of bed. I couldn't balance my weight and hers, and I still had all the stairs to get her down. "Connor! Can you come up and help us please?" I tried to keep calm through my wavering voice. 

A few seconds later he was joining us on the landing. He then took Cat's other arm, and we gently helped her down the stairs. Then we rushed her into my car, and I drove off straight away. "Cat, deep breaths. We'll be there soon" I repeated multiple times to her from the front seat. She had her hands on her stomach and was doing as I told her.

We arrived ten minutes later, and Connor and I rushed Cat inside. "Um, hi, this is my friend Cat, and she's having a baby, like, now" I said, in a rush. "Are you the father?" the receptionist, a middle aged woman, asked Connor. "No, no, the father's on his way" Connor replied, and the receptionist nodded and typed something into the computer."We have a room available. This way please honey" she said to Cat. 

I had found her a wheelchair, since she was in a month premature labour, I thought she'd need all the comfort she could get. "Okay, you wait here for Tris and everyone else, and send him in when he gets here" I told Connor, and he nodded. "Good luck!" he kissed Cat on the cheek. "Be the best birthing coach you can be KayKay, I believe in you" he said to me, and kissed me quickly. 

I then pushed Cat's wheelchair as we were following the receptionist. She lead us into a plain, white walled room, and it reminded me of a prison cell more than a hospital room. "Okay, we'll leave you here until you're fully dilated, then we'll take you to the delivery room, and you know the rest" the receptionist informed us. "Thankyou!" I said, then she left. "Okay, looks like we have a while" I said to Cat, and she nodded. "Owwww Kaylee it hurts!" she moaned. "I know sweetie, but it'll be over soon, just think about the next part. You're going to have a baby, Cat! An actual baby of your own!" I did my best to cheer her up, but I think it could have gone better, considering her contractions were every three minutes and half of the time her screams were louder than my voice.

I didn't have to make any more attempts, as my brother ran into the room and took a place next to Cat. "Thanks, Kay. I'll take it from here" he said, and I nodded. "I'll see you in a bit Cat, stay strong" I told her and did a little salute, and she weakly put her thumb up. I walked back to the waiting room to see everyone else was already there, and attempted to make ourselves comfortable. 

We were all going to be here for a while. "Anyone want to make a vlog?" Brad asked, and we all nodded. Anything was better than this waiting. We made a quick vlog, then said we'd make another after the birth. Then, we settled once again for the long wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the crappiness of this chapter, it's a filler!

Tons of drama coming up, trust me :)

So people have been requesting a sequel after i've finished this fanfic (in nine parts time now) so begin thinking of which character's point of view you want it to be from, and yeah, stay my amazing readers xox

Ps; I got a lot of the birth stuff from Friends, so that's why some of it may sound familiar x