Chapter 10 - Massive Blackout Affects Students' Safety and Dignity

YOU WILL KNOW THAT

YOU WILL KNOW THAT.

Nicholas James.

29. November.
Monday, 9 a.m.
[NEW] Wonderland Org.
San Lazaro Base.

I WAS SITTING UNDER THE SKIES, watching galaxies spin and swirl around me. The universe sang me a ridiculously happy melody, and the stars danced and bounced along the rhythm.

"Time will come..."

"There will come a Time..."

"Time will run out..."

"You are only Mad Hatter because your father died."

"Time will come..."

These stars are shit.

The galaxies grew aggressive and crashed through the ceiling. The debris of my own childhood memories fell and disappeared into ripples. 

I want Jule to see these waves. How can I invite him to this ocean of memories? Will he drown? Does he know how to swim?

"Nicholas?" Alice's voice broke the glass dome of my own night sky. 

The universe shattered and rained on me. It felt tingly and the broken pieces of the sky itched on my skin.

"Ciao, Alice," I replied. I sat up and brushed the space dust off my coat.

"The March Hare reported." She sat beside me, unwittingly sitting on a shard of a distant memory. "Sophie Stevenson was erased. Hindi na magsasalita ang asawa n'ya tungkol sa activities ng org sa Mt. Sposa."

"Great." I shrugged, arranging the stuff toys on my new bed.

"Bakit hindi ka masaya, it all went according to plan... Except for the part where Ces woke up in a garden party."

"And the killer? Edward was there, did he catch the killer?" I mused. I set Mr. Lion the Chicken on my lap.

"As far as we know, he managed to use all the Brown siblings for his investigation."

"All Brown siblings?" I raised an eyebrow. "Impressive. Wonderland can't even control one Brown."

"Well, except for Ciel and Chartreuse. Plus the Browns are protected by the government, hindi natin sila kayang kontrolin. I wonder if they'll use that protection to capture and interrogate Tim Gervacio on Edward Dace's behalf."

"I specifically instructed that Tim commits un-alive when push comes to shove. We have nothing to worry about him. If he sings, then he dies."

Alice pursed her lips. 

"What about Time?" I asked.

If Arthur the Knave could hurt me whilst maintaining his loyalty to the organisation, what more could this Time do? She's most decidedly against me and would not hesitate to use her powers to destroy me.