VORSTELLUNGEN || Chapter 16 - De Omnibus Dubitandum

Joyeuse

Joyeuse.

16. April.
Sunday, 3:00 p.m.
Mindoro, Philippines.

ZWEIHÄNDER ASKED Futhark, Edward, and I what happened the past few weeks and how we ended up fighting each other.

As a recap it was accurate, as a torture it was cruel.

He also made us sit down on a damp grass, even after seeing me and Futhark fall down a muddy, mossy pond. That was a crueler torture especially with the members of the Coronado Chronicles watching us with confusion.

But I will admit that Ichaival's disappointed and upset face was the worst of them all.

Nir kept his distance but watched us with his two-hander sword thrusted into the ground.

After gathering his thoughts, Zweihänder narrowed his eyes at us and asked, "Anong makukuha n'yo sa dulo ng away n'yo na 'to?"

"Peace of mind?" I ventured.

"You will never go there." Zweihänder shook his head bitterly, frowning at me.

"Peace of mind," repeated Futhark with the desperation and certainty of someone who'd lose everything. He fixated his sullen hazel eyes at Zweihänder's. "Because right now we know everyone's true colours and we'll make our decisions in the end."

"Big news coming from someone who betrayed us not just once," muttered Edward. He muttered it loud enough for us to hear.

"I didn't betray you. I worked behind your back to protect you."

"Very convenient place to stab us too, isn't it?"

"Tumigil kayong dalawa." Zweihänder crossed his arms and spoke in a slight hiss between his gritted teeth, "I am warning you to stop before the three of you can't go back."

Futhark looked down and gripped the grass between us.

"Zweihänder..." I started in a low voice. "I'm afraid... we can't go back. We've done a lot of things..."

"Sabi sa inyo sila ang may gawa n'ong pagsabog sa Iceland," commented Mistletoe, quietly.

"Tangina, Joyeuse!" cried Macey, which shocked us all. She was already in tears. Ichaival held her back from charging at us. "Pinagkatiwala ko sa inyo si Edward tapos ganito kayo uuwi?"

Edward tried to calm her down. "Macey, it was my decision—"

And Macey was having none of it. "Your decision! Ang sabi mo sa 'kin noon, hindi mo ako liligawan hangga't hindi ka nagiging detective." Macey got rid of Ichaival's grip with a hefty swing of her arms.

"S-Sinabi ko nga 'yan—"

"Sinabi mo, oo, pero naisip mo ba ako no'ng pinagdesisyunan n'yo nina Joyeuse 'yan?"

"It was a spur of the mome—"

"Hindi mo ako naisip! Ilang taon ka na, Edward, hindi ka na twelve. Aminin mong hindi mo ako naisip dahil kahit anong pagpaplano mo sa future, isip-bata ka pa rin! Kayong apat na SMS, mga isip-bata kayong dinadamay kaming lahat sa away n'yo."