VORSTELLUNGEN || Chapter 6 - Memento Vivere

Joyeuse

Joyeuse.

24. March.
Friday, 10:00 p.m.
Mýrdalshreppur, Iceland.

"Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things."

Cicero

"Futhark, are you okay?" asked Edward Dace, heaving Futhark up.

He started rambling and muttering to himself. His eyes were glassy and unfocused. His lips and his hands were shaking.

It pains me seeing him like this.

"Since when did you know?" he whispered, talking to the air between me and Edward.

"Know what?" I asked him. He didn't reply, he was staring above our heads.

Edward wasn't strong enough alone. I had to take part in assisting Futhark and getting him to sit down on the bed.

"Uminom ba 'to ng gamot?" asked Edward. "Kaninang umaga pa s'ya kakaiba kumilos."

I exhaled through my nose, biting my lip. "I don't know. I'll grab his medication next room, you watch over him."

I caught Edward's worried look. He's seen Futhark in his worse. He was the one who brought me to HMC's psyche ward to visit Futhark before. He's probably scared. He's also weak. Futhark would hurt him should things escalate.

A pang of pain and anxiety hit me in the head and the gut. I staggered, but kept the drama queen face that Edward's hated.

I can't let him know that I'm in pain too, he'll crumble under pressure.

"He's still calm, don't be a big baby," I told him.

"I'm not being a baby!" he protested. "I'm just worried!"

I crossed my arms to brace my torso and soothe myself. I smirked at Edward. "Yeah, well keep your cool because you're losing it quite a lot lately."

He threw a pillow at me. "Tangina mong drama queen ka, mamaya ka na mang-asar at kuhanin mo na 'yong gamot ni Fu!"

He momentarily forgot his worry and grumpily sat beside Futhark, who's staring at us, wide-eyed.

The stress that has brewed inside my gut has started rising to my chest and my throat. I left the room immediately and shut the door behind me.

I was okay.

I knew I was getting better—no, I knew I've gotten better.

I remembered Lance. Most of my memories have come back. I've been my usual self. I've stopped shaking, I've stopped having nightmares.

Why now?

Why is this shitty feeling coming back?

I knocked at our hotel room door and expected all the lights to be off, as Arthur told us he's sleeping. But then the lights were on and sitting on Futhark's bed was Arthur, holding and staring at a golden necklace.