Chapter 1: A Miracle Is Happening

(Zale up top)

Hey Faithful Shifters! Are you guys ready for the first chapter?? Because I am lol.

Anywhore. On with this chapter!

----------------------------------

Zale

I growled as I heard a knock on my door.

"What?" I asked, a growl cutting through my words.

"I was just seeing how you were doing son." My dad said as I he stepped into my office.

I sighed as I rubbed my face, "I'm sorry."

"I think you should take a break." My dad suggested.

"I can't. I have a meeting with alpha Gray next week. I need to get the treaty ready," I said as I flipped through the papers.

"I wasn't talking about that." He said as he gave me a pointed look.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said as I took off my reading glasses.

"Your mother and I are worried about you and I think-"

"I said that I'm fucking fine!" I growled as I slammed my hands on my desk.

"Obviously not." My dad said as he crossed his arms and glared at me.

'He's got a point.' My wolf, Synder, said in a duh-tone.

'Shut it.' I growled.

"You need to talk about it." My dad said.

I growled and looked away from him. "What do you want me to say? I felt like I literally died that day. Knowing that my mate. My fucking mate died! It hurt dad. It hurt so much. It still fucking hurts! Knowing that everyone around me is so fucking happy with their mate?"

"It's going to hurt. I know that." My dad said softly. "Maybe you should find another one?"

"Another mate?" I asked angry.

He nodded. "I think you need to move on."

"Dad. Have I been with any female?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"Exactly." I growled. "I will not be with another female. I will never be with another female. I'm waiting for my mate. I don't believe in that shit. Just because they haven't found their mate yet, doesn't mean that they should go fool around with other girls."

"I was just trying to help. I don't like seeing you sad." My dad whispered.

I felt a tear drop down. "Why? Why did it happen to me? What did I ever do to the Moon Goddess?"

"I don't know son. I truly don't know." My dad said quietly. "I will never understand why this happened to you. But it's late. I think you should hit the sack. Work on the treaty tomorrow."

I nodded and sighed. "I'm sorry for snapping on you dad."

He smiled and shook his head. "It's okay. I would be the same way."

I nodded and walked out of my office and up to my room.

"Hey man." My beta, Harvey, said.

"Hey." I said.

"You okay?" My third, Sterling, asked.

I shrugged. "I talked to my dad about her."

"Hey. It's going to be okay." Sterling said. "You will get better. Maybe a miracle will happen."