Chapter 5: Patrol

(Harvey and his mate Katelin up top)

I think this book is coming along nicely. What do you guys think??

I would also like to clear a few things. I know it's been awhile since I last updated and I'm really sorry. I've been really busy with school starting and going to doc appointments and it just got a little crazy. But I finally found some time to update and once this chapter posts, I'm gonna write the next chapter for Girl's Rule and then post it after I'm done :) So I really hope this makes up for everything. I love you guys so much!! <3

Anywhore. On with this amazing action packed chapter!

-------------------------------------------------

Zale

This run couldn't be any more perfect.

'Hey.' Sterling spoke up as he started to sit up. 'Did you hear that?'

Harvey and I sat up as we started to listen too.

'Is there something over there?' Harvey asked in confusion, also hearing the crunching of twigs and leaves.

Maybe it was a deer or something.

'I think so.' I said as I started to slowly take steps toward the noise. 'Keep quiet.'

'I can't smell anything.' Sterling said as he started to get on guard.

'Me neither.' Harvey growled quietly as he looked around.

'It's coming from over there.' I said nodding in the direction of the noise.

We followed the noise and came around a tree.

'Is it up in the tree?' Harvey asked.

'Get back.' I said as I crouched behind a bush as the leaves started to rustle.

Harvey and Sterling got down on either side of me and we saw a buck fall from the tree.

Well...more like a mutilated buck.

'Holy shit!' Harvey gasped as he jumped backwards.

'Oh. My. Goddess.' Sterling said quietly as a black figure jumped down from the tree.

'W-What is that?' Harvey asked as he gulped.

'I don't know.' I whispered quietly. 'But I definitely don't like it.'

The thing was fucking huge!

It was black, had red markings all over its upper chest, white eyes, and giant black horns.

"What did you get?" A deep voice asked as it vibrated through the trees.

The black creature looked up. "I got a buck. I was hungry."

'So they can talk.' Sterling noted.

I looked over and saw who he was talking too. This one was equal in size. Except he was all red and has black markings on his chest. He also had big, black horns, but he also had large, leathery bat-like wings tucked against his back.

'What are those things?' Harvey asked thinking out loud.

"Well hurry up with that." The red one growled. "The boss needs us back."

'Boss?' I asked as I looked over at Sterling and Harvey. Despite the growing fear that was crawling up my spine, my wolf was growing agitated of the apparent threat we have on our land.

'I've never seen anything like that.' Sterling said in a slightly scared voice.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." The black one stopped talking and started to sniff around. "Do you smell that?"