Chapter 20: The War

This will be the last chapter, excluding the epilogue haha. I'm sad to see this book end, but I loved writing it. It was so much fun and so different from my other books. I love reading all the comments from you guys. It really makes my day and it reminds me why I write in the first place. Thank you so much for all the comments, votes, and the reads. I love them!!

Anywhore...on with this story!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kasey

All the angels grabbed their weapons and went into formation.

"Are you ready?" Max asked as he continued to sharpen his dagger.

I nodded. "More than I will ever be. I'm getting Haley back if it's the last thing I do."

"Kasey." Max sighed.

"Don't." I snapped.

"What if she isn't alive."

"I said don't!" I yelled as I pointed my dagger at him. "She is alive. I know it."

"Max is right." Kenword sighed sadly. "The odds of her being alive is very slim. You have to prepare for the worse kid."

I scoffed. "I have faith that she is alive and I'm not going to let that go."

I stuffed my dagger into the pouch and stormed off. Who do they think they are? Saying that about Haley.

I sighed as I got into formation. They are probably right though. Lucifer isn't the type to be merciful and kind. The odds of her still being alive are very slim.

I shook my head. What are you thinking Kasey? Haley is strong, she's a fighter. She has to be alive.

"Are you all ready?" The general shouted.

"Yes sir!" Everyone, including me, replied.

"You all need to be careful. This isn't our normal fight. This is a war. Some will fall, but they will fall fighting for God. And that is the best way to go. Have faith and hold onto it. God is with us and we have each other. We will not be alone in this fight. Watch out for your brothers and sisters and fight as hard as you can." The general said sternly before he put a small smile on his face. "God is proud of all of you."

All the angels hollered as they put their swords in the air.

"Now." The general said he stood straight. "Are you ready to win this war?"

The angels hollered again and stretched their wings out.

"Now let's go kick some demon ass!" He shouted as he ran out of the building and jumped down from the clouds.

The rest of us followed and we pulled our wings in so we could go faster as we shot down to earth.

"Go to your sections!" The general yelled.

"Yes sir!" We yelled back. All the angels got into their groups and turned in different directions.

"Kasey let's go!" Max yelled.

I nodded and brought my wings back out as we made a sharp turn.

A bunch of other angels and I followed Max as we flew to our section. Luckily the general gave me the section that holds Zale's pack. And boy, was explaining that you have a werewolf mate to angels was not easy. Even though they are alright with this, some think that it's not possible. But they don't mind. I was granted permission to go see him whenever I wanted, just as long as I didn't blow my cover or let it get in the way of training. Their one rule was that he or anyone from the pack was not allowed in heaven, well that and everyone in the pack had to keep it a secret. Which is very understandable and I wasn't going to let anyone come up there anyway. They were pleased and said that I have the go-ahead to be with him.